Bushbox XL Review and Tips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheBrook

Sep 3, 2014
West Midlands
www.youtube.com
It's that time once again my friends on the Bushcraft UK forum,

Firstly, as always, I hope that this message finds you well?

Secondly, I have had my Bushbox XL for a while now and have really been able to put it through it's paces, here are my thoughts and even some tips and tricks:

[video=youtube_share;bOFW9643ylg]http://youtu.be/bOFW9643ylg[/video]

Hope that you find this useful and as always, would really love to hear your experience with this piece of kit and also if you have any tips and tricks of your own.

Hope you have a great week ahead of you :)

All the best,

Brook

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Watched your vid brook, but not impressed with item sorry. Three things, weight, cost, and performance. Regarding performance I don’t see how it performs any better than my home-made hobo stove which works great. So onto weight and cost, you said it weighs 800g, crikey that’s heavy, my hobo stove weighs 180g. Cost, my hobo stove cost 49p, you didn’t mention how much it cost but I’ve found out it is £75-£85. Well you said do yourself a favour and buy one so in fact I did do myself a favour by keeping my money in my pocket instead :) . I’ll stick to my own version, 180g versus 800g, 49p versus £75, no contest.

Thanks for the vid anyway, just one thing though, at 2.28 you said ''I’m just trying to make sure you guys can see this'', however you couldn’t actually see it at all, you could see your hand fumbling around but the stove was out of shot, I got the idea anyhow. By the way where in the west midlands are you, that don’t sound like a yam yam accent. ATB :)

Here’s mine brook, weight 180g / cost 49p (total weight including pot and blow pipe still only 340g)
74c9c926-a752-4d9c-84a7-858a78d09b10.jpg

Set up, I just scrape a trench underneath for air flow (as shown below) or place on rocks if available (photo took in own garden for demo only)
fdfd52e2-916e-4520-9aa1-fc69e8d7e11b.jpg

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I've just bought a Bushbox xl and it is very heavy, it does feel very well constructed though and I like that it packs flat. I nearly bought the titanium model but was put off by the price and the fact that it's only 300g lighter. I wish I had now, I'm thinking about returning it and exchanging it.

Besides the weight I have no issues with it, I'm sure it will be a lot more steady and stable than a hobo stove, in my experience they can be a bit wobbly.

Joonsy I like your home made pot stand.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Watched your vid brook, but not impressed with item sorry. Three things, weight, cost, and performance. Regarding performance I don’t see how it performs any better than my home-made hobo stove which works great. So onto weight and cost, you said it weighs 800g, crikey that’s heavy, my hobo stove weighs 180g. Cost, my hobo stove cost 49p, you didn’t mention how much it cost but I’ve found out it is £75-£85. Well you said do yourself a favour and buy one so in fact I did do myself a favour by keeping my money in my pocket instead :) . I’ll stick to my own version, 180g versus 800g, 49p versus £75, no contest.

Thanks for the vid anyway, just one thing though, at 2.28 you said ''I’m just trying to make sure you guys can see this'', however you couldn’t actually see it at all, you could see your hand fumbling around but the stove was out of shot, I got the idea anyhow. By the way where in the west midlands are you, that don’t sound like a yam yam accent. ATB :)

Here’s mine brook, weight 180g / cost 49p (total weight including pot and blow pipe still only 340g)
74c9c926-a752-4d9c-84a7-858a78d09b10.jpg

Set up, I just scrape a trench underneath for air flow (as shown below) or place on rocks if available (photo took in own garden for demo only)
fdfd52e2-916e-4520-9aa1-fc69e8d7e11b.jpg

Nice little set up there Joonsy👍

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE