Bunted pile jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 3, 2007
Montane extreme smock, possibly the best jacket in the world.

This jacket is a base layer, insulating layer and an outer layer all in one and is extremely effective at the job and oh my god its toasty.

The outer Pertex stops the wind but not the rain which is not a problem because the Pile keeps the moisture away from your skin using your body heat.

All in all for most times during the year all you will need is this one layer. There is other makes but by far for price and quality i found the Montane the best.

www.bearclawbushcraft.co.uk sell the jacket.

Scott

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the Buffalo Special 6 which is more or less the same thing, I`ve had it for about 6 years now and it`s the best piece of clothing I`ve ever bought. Never tried the Montane but it should be exactly the same.

I got mine from here but the price has gone up by about £20 since.

Get one o the other you won`t be dissapointed.

One tip though don`t get too close to the fire in it.

Rich

Dec 3, 2007
Buffalo special 6 is good, Because the Pertex is Pertex 6 as compared to the standard one which is only Pertex 5. The only Quibble i have is the Standard Buffalo one is dearer than the Montane one by €30 and the special 6 is €110 ( i think) more expensive than the Montane again and essentially the same smock..

Unfortunately "Mountain warehouse" is only stocked in Small olive ones.
The outdoorshop doesn't ship to southern Ireland, but is fully stocked in red and blacks.
Its all about preference about where you like to go really.

Anyone her ever tried the pile trousers?

Scott

Dec 3, 2007
Good find with that shop never seen them before. Though its the difference of a pound between bearclaw and Jackson, though as i said each to its own eh? When shopping i like to stick to who i know and trust, thats just me.

Mines purely used for Mountaineering, On and off the train and under my Dry Cag for those horribley cold teaching days on the river. My baby ain't going near no fire lol. and there not spark holes there speed holes for climbing lol.

Scott

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE