Bummer! I'm in the naughty corner.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
You know how adept you get at explaining the aquisition of new kit.? The excuses for why you REALLY, REALLY need it just rolls off your tongue after a while.

Well, I've bought a few nice things lately - and they all arrived at the same time. Today the postie delivered: A nice shiney axe from Cegga. A Swandri Mosgiel coat. An over the head olive green windproof parka. A millbank bag and a large dutch oven.

No excuses worked, so now I'm in the naughty corner. It doesn't help matters that I keep playing with the axe and keep trying the gear on despite the stoney silence and dagger like looks.

Eric

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
sxmolloy said:
I know the feeling well. Maybe a big bunch of flowers or a box of chocs may help you out there :)

Good luck and ATB....Stu

Hmmm... thought about that, but she'd be utterly convinced I had a bit on the side if I start buying her flowers and chocs.

Eric

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Eric_Methven said:
Hmmm... thought about that, but she'd be utterly convinced I had a bit on the side if I start buying her flowers and chocs.

Eric

Yeah, but at least this way she knows you can't afford to be having a bit on the side! :D

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Eric
unfortunately I am occupying the opposite corner as the postman turned up with my Cegga axe while I was at work, along with a K&M matchcase from the states.
Oh well I could always ask her if she really needs all those shoes, on second thoughts I am not that brave!
Chas

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
LOL, I know exactly what you all mean. I got a phone call today at work, "the postman's just been with another parcel! I thought you said that's it...." :eek:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Now I know what attracts me to the idea of buiding a roundhouse.........I tend to live in the naughty corner..... my latest "crime" is swapping some of my 'for sale' leather pouches (which could have brought in some cash) for knives and knife making bits&pieces...... and to be going (alone - on business) to the USA next week......and asking SWMBO to use her coffee break to go order me some dollars (to save me a 16 mile round trip to town)...... and having to go for walks in the woods (testing gear for my magazine columns of course) while she watches the sunshine from her office window..... and being ten years younger than her.... and breathing I guess!

I will probably soon be in a position to prove or disprove that bit about not surviving after "3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3weeks without food, 3 months without a bit of 'nudge nudge'".........only so much you can do stood in the naughty corner.....!

Love her realy.......!
John

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I'm not married nor do I have any children (that I know of) so when I want to buy new kit, I just go ahead and buy it. No-one can tell me to stop and no-one can put me in the naughty corner!

Adam

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Not being a kit person, but a thinking person, it is the time and energy I put into bushy stuff that gets me into trouble.

And I have a philosophical problem with buying commercial flowers (that I am allergic to) when there are some beautiful wild flowers in that unweeded garden!

Mind you, all that money I don't spend on kit and flowers does allow the trip to Venice next month that went down very well nicely with my partner. So I got something right.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have just read several of the posts here out loud to my wife and it has actually helped me out a lot as she now knows a) there are fellow suffering bushwives and b) I am not unique in my endless quest to fill every available space in our already miniscule house with new kit :D .

I have a perfect solution for some of the more pricey items - I have them sent to my Mum and Dads and sneak them into the kit stash over time exclaiming "Oh I've had that for ages" when asked at a later date (so not strictly speaking a lie)

Greatest achievement to date a nice new Leupold scope for my .17HMR :) which also required strategic interception of the credit card bill ;)

Pathetic arent we :lmao:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm afraid I have work as my delivery address :eek: The plan was I could hide any 01 steel/horn blanks/string/axe/foolish purchase and move them into the house in dribs and drabs.
Regrettably my wife works in the same hospital and a collegue informed on me.

Luckily she has an ebay shoe addiction, which I am very understanding about :)

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
I got around the credit card statement by using EGG who are all online - no paper trail to catch me out.

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Silverback said:
I have a perfect solution for some of the more pricey items - I have them sent to my Mum and Dads and sneak them into the kit stash over time exclaiming "Oh I've had that for ages" when asked at a later date (so not strictly speaking a lie)

Verry cunning :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE