buddleia...toxic?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mattburgess

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Wivenhoe
Does anybody know if Buddleia is poisonous? I burnt a huge bushload last night and have woken up with what feels like a mild hangover (heady and tired) - and no I didn't have any booze last night and also had a relatively early night!

I've often wondered if buddleia is ok - wheather to use it when I'm lighting the BBQ etc. Could just be end of the week sindrome I guess...

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Where were you burning the buddleia Matt? I woke up this morning with hangover symptoms too. It wasn't your fault was it?

Perhaps it could have been that wine then, a not very nice rioja but it did have to be got rid of one way or another.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We've got a veracious buddleia in the corner of our garden which I prune and burn each year, never had any probs though. I suppose plants can affect people in different ways though.

mattburgess

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Wivenhoe
Unless your in Stratford East London teh hangover symptoms are all your doing Shewie!

Also heard that buddleia is good for hand drills and have some seasoning in the airing cupboard - will test results this weekend!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE