Brownlee Revisited

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Well my kit arrived in time for the weekend, so off we went. Got some more pictures while we were there.This was Andy's first time in a hammock and he seemed fairly impressed

DD Tarp and Hammock set up
tarpsetup.jpg

I'm explaining my choice of ridgeline set up
setuppointing.jpg

Some pics of the camp and Andy and Iain
TheCamp.jpg

Thecamp2.jpg

Andy might like it, not sure though:D
Andyinhammock.jpg

Enjoying a cuppa while the snows falling...can't beat it
AndyandIain.jpg

and this picture from the walk out shows the snow more
Thewalkout.jpg

Had a superd day todaytrying out the new kit and the snow just finished it off fantastically

drew1166

Jun 1, 2007
Wishaw, Scotland
Hi Robby,

Had a great day also.

Loved the tarp and hammock set up...

NEED TO DO IT AGAIN....SOON.

Hope you liked your birthday prezzy. Will make you a better one once i get better at thon leather craft thingy.

Cant seem to upload my pictures for some reason. sorry

Thanks again for takin me out to play.

Andy B :)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
It looks like youve had fun in the snow :D
Hopefully wont be to long till im allowed to use both my feet again ;)

Enjoy Russ ;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looks good. I felt a bit bad being in one of the ash chopping details once but it looks like folk are keeping on top of it and it's a camp rather than an abandoned shambles. :)

We were just a couple of miles down the way on sunday chucking arrows about.

FARM_01.jpg

FARM_02.jpg

FARM_03.jpg

How daft did I feel? ....just fletched two dozen arrows in white. :rolleyes:

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
I love that first picture of your's Grooveski, you can really see the flex in the arrow. My modern bow's a recurve as well. I haven't had a chance to do any archery in ages. Though I shoot using blunts because I'm usually training for re-enactment, and something tells me my mates wouldn't like me sending sharps down range at them:eek: Where is it you shoot, and what type and poundage of bow is that you're using? Looks nice. Mine is a Martin #30@28

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That's Scott with his Reiver and Kev with his Black Widow, they're both about mid-forties poundage.

My collection is getting a bit out of hand and changes from month to month.
[rummages about in photobucket]
Top pic - Hoyt GM, The Widow that Kev uses now, Border Black Reiver, Bear Kodiak Magnum.
Bottom pic - Robertson Stykbow(since traded), Border Griffon GL and the Reiver and wee Bear.

Q1_04.jpg

BOW_07.jpg

Also have a home-made longbow, a glass fibre horsebow and a couple of compounds. They're all between 45lb and 60lb.

We're just below Wishaw at Carbarns. It's good at this time of the year as you can drop makeshift targets around for variation. Later on it's a case of miss the butt and the arrow's gone - lost in the grass.
It'll be a couple of weeks before we're out again but you're welcome to join us sometime if you like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE