Browning Ultra Lite Takedown Saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Hi All,

Looking for some help, does anyone know where I can buy one of these Browning saws in the UK?

They look good and tick a few of my boxes, but any opinions welcome.

Many thanks, Andy

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I seem to remember that someone else was looking for that saw last year, I think that it is no longer in production.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
I haven't been able to find a UK supplier for these . Swillingtons used to have them but they said they had no plans to get any more they sold 45 in one week lol

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
I have been looking for one for a while......... the company has gone bust from what I can tell. So I am making one, I ordered a blade off ebay for £4.50 and I have the aluminium tube so going to make one, I have a 4 meter length of material so would you like me to make you one too? If you say yes It might get my **** in gear to get mine done too.

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Yeah, the Destrude bow saw from Tamarack is, as Shewie said, excellent. It doesn't weigh very much, assembles/disassembles in about 10 seconds, and takes a standard 24" blade.

Another option might be the 32cm collapsible bucksaw from Military Mart (http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=2394) - not used it myself, so can't comment if it's any good. Also, I don't know how easy it would be to find replacement blades.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The military mart one looks very much like tne one bcb used to sell, the blade is standard size but it is modified at the ends so off the shelf ones wont work.

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Hi All,

Thanks for the info and suggestions, they have been most helpfull.

Iambosscat thank you for your very kind offer, if you are sure I would like to take you up on it.

Many thanks once again to you all, Andy

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Hi All,

Thanks for the info and suggestions, they have been most helpfull.

Iambosscat thank you for your very kind offer, if you are sure I would like to take you up on it.

Many thanks once again to you all, Andy

Yep......... happy to make you one lets hope they turn out ok. Cant do the moulded foam grip, but was going to ask someone to do a paracord wrap for the handle grip.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Another option might be the 32cm collapsible bucksaw from Military Mart (http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=2394) - not used it myself, so can't comment if it's any good. Also, I don't know how easy it would be to find replacement blades.

I got this one last christmas, only used it briefly but it seems good, has a 13" blade with rivets going through the end holes to catch against thin slots in the end tubes, I would imagine a longer blade cut be cut down to length, drilled and riveted ( or small bolt) . Ive been looking for a longer than 12" hacksaw blade to put in to it as well.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
they have changed the blades slightly, mine have a dimple pushed in the end of the blade, which pulled through the slot in the uprights.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE