Broken links in stickied threads.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chief

Dec 18, 2019
Lincs.
Hi,
I've noticed a couple of stickied threads relating to site rules that appear to have broken links in them:

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/i...-and-regs-for-the-swap-shop-please-read.9471/
"All the normal Bushcraft Rules apply as found HERE"
(where here is a clickable link, but redirects to the forum main page).

And on the wanted forum help thread:
https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/please-read-posting-in-wanted-forum.136442/
Where the link to the payment page redirects to the main forum page.

As I only found this site today when searching for a book I'm after (and I noticed I missed one for sale here only a couple of weeks ago) I hadn't yet registered to the forums and so being redirected to the main forum page gave the impression (or it was wishful thinking on my part) that membership in the past had been paid, but was now free, hence why the payment page had been removed.

It was only after registering when I tried to post in the wanted section I found this wasn't the case since I had insufficient priviledges to post my wanted ad so I figured I'd post here so the links can be updated.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
First off, hello and welcome. :)

Both links take you to the forum front page where you find the rules and regs, and further down the page to Full Members where the clickable image takes you to the subscription page.

Chief

Dec 18, 2019
Lincs.
The swap shop now correctly takes you to the general community rules.
I did notice on that page it starts with "You agreed to these rules when you joined Bushcraft UK" which implies you see them on the registration page, however the terms link on the registration page only displays the standard forum softwares terms (I actually checked this again today because I was sure I couldn't have missed all that text when registering for an account and clicking to view the terms yesterday).

The wanted forum thread now correctly takes you to the account upgrade page but only after registration.

@Nice65 Thanks for the words of welcome :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hmmm.
Could be the lingering results of the forum change from VB to XenForo. I know for a fact that the rules were visible at one time for registration.

I have passed this on and will try to get Admin to have a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE