Broken Arm....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lits

Aug 16, 2005
Surrey/ Charterhouse
Hi people,
I have recently beome the possessor of a broken arm :eek: .

Soo to pass the time until it is fixed i would like to do something bushcrafty using only using 1 hand :rolleyes: The only trouble is i cant think of anything involving only 1 hand :confused: help please!
cheers,
Sam :)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Learn to utilise your feet and toes.
Tracking doesn't need two arms.
Oh and heal soon :)

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Good job!

I squashed a finger last year and had four weeks or so with limited function of that hand. It's good fun finding out just how much you can manage with one hand. The most difficult thing I found was keeping dressings clean :D

Think of it as an opportunity to learn some new skills, many a survival situation involves a handicapping injury.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
a few months ago i snapped a tendon in my left bicep.
i had surgery to repair the damage and my arm was in a cast for six weeks.

i still managed to go to the moot.

it'll only stop you doing things if you let it.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I hope you heal quickly mate.... till then I'msure you can practice a few things one handed... knots and rope work is a fine one to learn 1 handed.

Ed

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Get well soon mate, I hope it heals nicely.

Right - one handed :
The evenk knot (ala Ray Mears)
Or Falconers knot.
Rich 59s L Bow drill - prolly real easy with a cast on :D
This time of year - mushroom picking.....

erm - well only a few to be going on with.....

Cheers
Rich

Feral

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 7, 2006
Victoria
Hope you get well soon,

I had a work place injury that damaged my hands a few years ago, they said oh we can fix that with surgery, so they fixed the problem, but now I have complications from the surgery and have only limited use of both hands, I am only able use my hands for about 10 minutes in every 3 hours, because the pain becomes unbearable, so I am no longer driving the car or doing most things people take for granted.

My bushcraft knife I am making has taken me 3 months so far and I suppose it will take me another 3 months to finish.

geoff88

Forager
Jul 14, 2006
SW England
I think you should be OK.
Most of "I can't do that" is in the mind. The things I saw Graham_S do at the moot are proof of that. :)

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE