BrittonWood meet August 28-31 Where sleeping next to the fire is always an option

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Britton Wood meet August 28th- 31st, Bank holiday weekend meet.

If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.
If there is enough interest then we can camp on the Sunday night,
if not then we'll pack away Sunday as normal.

Rules and regs!

No ground fires apart from the communal fire with out prior consent.
No cutting down trees, live, dead, or otherwise without asking..
No airguns/bows/crossbows etc. are to be brought onto site, at all.
No 4x4's on site apart from Matts Landrover, all vehicles in the car park please.
If it's not yours then don't touch it without asking first.
No sharps or shinneys after dark or after any alcohol.
Site fees are £5 per Adult per night. Under 18s go free
Please find Si to pay the fees.
No under 18's unless with a parent or guardian
Other things of note:
There is no water on site except a small gypsy well which is not a guaranteed water source.
There is now a temporary toilet on site.
Dogs and kids are welcome on site, but they do need to be kept under control and cleaned up after at all times.

The location is Britton Wood nr Clay Cross.
Nearest postcode S42 6AF please note certain in built sat nav's have got the wrong area set for that post code which is 2 miles away .
attachment.php

Follow the far right path for 400 yards until you find a tree stump cut off at head height then turn left, 30 yards to the centre of the fire circle.

Moving around the site in the dark hours:

Due to the nature of the site it is dark at night and as I'm yet to meet someone who can faultlessly move around without a torch having one on you BEFORE dusk begins to break could almost be considered essential! . To this end torches will be in evidence by those attending the Meet also lanterns will be in use

Please note this is a nonprofit meet any money raised goes back into the meet and helps pay the insurance

The Hagglers meet
We have also decided to reinstate an old Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire custom of the "Hagglers meet". Basically after Saturday lunch you are invited to display you surplus gear or trinkets on a blanket near to the camp fire and then others can barter or haggle with you to buy or trade for them. A great way to pass on stuff that you don't use any more or to raise funds for yourself.

All the Best Si and MattF

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.

We shall be making a communal sausage casserole with crusty bread for the Friday night, could you please let us know on the attendance list below. Thanks.

Big Si (sausage casserole Yes Please)
MattF (sausage casserole Yes Please)

Thanks Si

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above. If possible could you let us know what dates you'll be here for.

We shall be making a communal sausage casserole with crusty bread for the Friday night, could you please let us know on the attendance list below. Thanks.

Bilmo (TBC)

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J

Warthogiam

Jan 15, 2012
Chesterfield

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Jim (Sausage casserole please)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Shewie
(sausage casserole Yes Please)

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Hi guys, I'd like to join you for my first Britton Wood meet, hammock arrived yesterday so looking forward to loosing my hammock virginity! 😆 I may need some help setting up. looking at staying Fri & Sat night, would like to be included in the casserole if that's ok, should be there about 6ish depending on traffic.

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Shewie
Yorkshirewanderer (Sausage casserole please)

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Shewie (sausage casserole Yes Please)
Simon (Sausage casserole Yes Please)

Hi, hopefully I will be joining you all on my first Britton Wood meet. Looking forward to meeting you all. Could you please tell me where the car park is located?

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Steve C

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry guys but I'm not going to make this one, an opportunity to get away in the canoe for a few days can't be missed.

Hopefully see you at the next one

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
I will be joining you for just Friday night as have to be home for a party on Saturday (brownie points with the missus will be earned) but will be there for the swap moot

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Steve C
XRV John (Sausage casserole Yes Please)

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Bit short notice but I'll be tagging along with Yorkshirewanderer and bringing my daughter.

Bilmo (TBC)
Steve +1
Paul +1
Paul S
Steve J
Steve C
XRV John (Sausage casserole Yes Please)
Fergsuk + daughter (Sausage casserole for both please)

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Thanks to Si and Matt for this meet which I thoroughly enjoyed. Met loads of new people and a few old friends. Log splitting was hard but fun. Steve taught me how to better sharpen my knives. Paul showed me the static ridge line mod and I think I've found some non-stretchy cord now I'm home. There was some brilliant carving going on as well.

Can't wait to come again

Thanks again

John

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Sorry to have missed this one. Just got back from France, which is probably why it's raining.

Hope to see you in September.

Dad where were you? You missed a really good meet and I did sausage casserole. See you next month dad.
Your ever loving adopted son.
Big Si

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Thanks to Si and Matt for this meet which I thoroughly enjoyed. Met loads of new people and a few old friends. Log splitting was hard but fun. Steve taught me how to better sharpen my knives. Paul showed me the static ridge line mod and I think I've found some non-stretchy cord now I'm home. There was some brilliant carving going on as well.

Can't wait to come again

Thanks again

John
It was nice to meet you too John I'm pleased you enjoyed yourself

Atb Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE