Britton Wood, Friday the 21st-23rd March Pic Heavy

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
The Derbyshire Bush crafters meet at Britton woods! You will have to bear with me as this is the first proper report I've done. The meet started for me on Friday at about 3.00 pm. The sun was shining and all was well with the world. This has been my first week end away from home for ages!

DSC_2310.jpg

Spring has definitely started to happen and even in the late winter sunshine the plants seemed to be starting to come out to enjoy the new season. Winter still lingered a little this was plainly evident in the wind fall trees left every where by the winter storms. It looks like there will be lots of work to be done this year!
DSC_2259.jpg

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2261.jpg

DSC_2262.jpg

DSC_2263.jpg

DSC_2264.jpg

DSC_2265.jpg

I arrived at the camp site to find Matt with the fire going and the canvas shelter up, plenty of wood already in the log pile and the kettle already on!

DSC_2266.jpg

DSC_2267.jpg

DSC_2268.jpg

DSC_2269.jpg

Time to get my Bivvy up before dark and get ready for the night!
DSC_2270.jpg

So we spent the rest of the night around the camp fire. "Drinking strong ale and telling tall tales"

DSC_2271.jpg

DSC_2272.jpg

Saturday morning it was up with the sun and out with the toys. I'd brought lots of kit that I wanted to spend some time evaluating.
DSC_2274.jpg

DSC_2275.jpg

I really need one of these in my life though!

DSC_2279.jpg

Then on to breakfast! You just can't beet home made instant porridge and a cup of tea.................
DSC_2281.jpg

or couscous (For breakfast :()
DSC_2282.jpg

All made better eaten next to a roaring fire!
DSC_2277.jpg

More toy time.

DSC_2284.jpg

DSC_2285.jpg

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2288.jpg

As they say in the trade folks "that's all now" TBC..............................

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
During the middle of the afternoon, Chris arrived. Bringing with him his Christmas present, a griddle, he wanted to get some practice in with it and who where we to say No.

DSC_2290.jpg

DSC_2294.jpg

DSC_2297.jpg

Chris did a splendid job and he can come and visit any time (So long as he brings his griddle:))

During Chris's cooking Phil and Jamie arrived to set up and stop the night, so in between scoffing bacon and sos sarnies they set up there gear.

DSC_2291.jpg

DSC_2292.jpg

DSC_2293.jpg

DSC_2295.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

And of course when some one puts up there shelter it always rains, or even hails in Phils case:lmao:

DSC_2301.jpg

DSC_2307.jpg

But as usual after a few minutes the sun came out again, the sun always shines in Britton woods.

DSC_2302.jpg

In between the showers more kit was evaluated (or is it toys played with? I just can't tell)

DSC_2303.jpg

DSC_2304.jpg

DSC_2306.jpg

The next morning Phil and Jamie were up early as the camp had been a stopping of point for them, they were on there way to spend the rest of the day walking on the moors.

DSC_2308.jpg

After this Matt and I woke up/got up, cleared up and packed up.

DSC_2296.jpg

Another restful weekend in the forest. See you all next time!

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE