British D shaped mess kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buck

Mar 25, 2013
Cambs
Hi folks,

Is there any one here who has the skills and time to make me one of the above. I have two reproduction copies I can lend for the pattern. I would like them to be food/cooking safe, so probably made from stainless.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/2884-British-WWI-and-Earlier-Mess-Tin/

This is one of the copies I have to give you an idea of what I am wibbling on about. The copy I can send has a third pan/pot insert.

I have a Zebra pot and various other makes of pot but these just seem to pack in my bergen so much more neatly. I can't take them as neither of the ones I have are food/cooking safe.

If you can help please PM me.

Many thanks

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've just realised that i had an original of one of these sets from my grandfather. Annoyingly, i believe that it may have been thrown away.... I have no idea what it was made of - perhaps some kind of coated metal, as the coating seemed to be wearing thin from memory. Inside them was a little tin labeled 'sterilising outfit' - probably iodine tablets i'd imagine.

Buck

Mar 25, 2013
Cambs
I've just realised that i had an original of one of these sets from my grandfather. Annoyingly, i believe that it may have been thrown away.... I have no idea what it was made of - perhaps some kind of coated metal, as the coating seemed to be wearing thin from memory. Inside them was a little tin labeled 'sterilising outfit' - probably iodine tablets i'd imagine.

They where tinned inside and out. Yes, they did wear thin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE