British army socks

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

ozzy1977

Full Member
Jan 10, 2006
8,557
3
49
Henley
Hi I have recently bought a few pairs of the arctic socks, does anyone know what they are made from, I think its wool but am not sure if its a blend or if they are safe in the tumble dryer.

Cheers

Chris
 
I've tumble dried mine and they've been fine, I tumble dry my smartwool ones to and I've not had any problems.
 
Not particularly scientific but I just put them in the wash as normal for Mrs redandshane to do her worst with and they have survived this includes tumble drying
NB I do insist on washing some of my stuff myself if I fear for its safety if subjected to the rigors of the family wash.
 
NB I do insist on washing some of my stuff myself if I fear for its safety if subjected to the rigors of the family wash.

I do the laundry here, don't want any mistakes :rolleyes:

Personally all my wool garments are washed at 30 degrees, non bio soap/detergent, normally Ecover, if I ever tumbled wool it would be on a low heat.
 
just put them on wet and site with your feet in front of the fire :), and enjoy watching the steam rise :)
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE