British Army Machete

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have a British Army Machete for sale.

I'm looking for about £20 quid, and can deliver it free to the moot, else postage will be about a fiver.

The machete hasn't really been used much, I found I didn't get on with it. It comes with what I think is a bayonet frog as a sheath.

It does have a couple of marks on the handle, but the steel is in very good nick.

Cheers

Julia

Photos (click for larger version):

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I have a British Army Machete for sale.

Really interesting to see your pics. There was much debate about mine which had a sheath that was not long enough. Yours is exactly the same and now I am certain I bought mine that way. In fact the date stamp is the same as well. The sheath does the job fine...it covers the sharp bits!!

Thanks for confirming that I'm not going mad.

GLWTS

K

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Unless anyone claims this before I leave for the moot, I'll take this for the Bring and Buy stall on Monday.

Cheers

J

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
QG is this still available?

Due back from holiday next week and it's my birthday next month so have been dropping hints to the wife

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Not sure why they always seem to put them in an bayonet cover frog, I guess it just happens to be near enough to fit.
The plastic scabbard of the bayonet usually fits inside the frog and the clip connects to the scabbard and the brass fittings on the back fit to the belt.

Really interesting to see your pics. There was much debate about mine which had a sheath that was not long enough. Yours is exactly the same and now I am certain I bought mine that way. In fact the date stamp is the same as well. The sheath does the job fine...it covers the sharp bits!!

Thanks for confirming that I'm not going mad.

GLWTS

K

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Is this a real issue one or one of the Indian ones mentioned on the bushcraft stores website, only asking as I would like to replace the fake I have

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Is this a real issue one or one of the Indian ones mentioned on the bushcraft stores website, only asking as I would like to replace the fake I have

The martindale ones are genuine - they usually have martindale and an crocodile stamped on the blade + a broad arrow, and are slightly longer than the thatchreed etc version sold with the bayonet frog as a sheath. The sheath for the genuine one is a green canvas sheath with a 44 pattern metal clip at the top, or the more modern PLCE sheath which is long enough to fit it, has a shoulder strap (unless cut off), and is curiously wider than it really needs to be.

this one is an example of a genuine one, albeit with the martindale civilian sheath.

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/martindale-golok-british-army-machete---the-genuine-one-78-p.asp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE