British army 24 hour ration packs..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
the chicken one is ok! - I always liked the beef pate the best - truly amazing on some biscuits brown! :D

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I feel very strongly, that as a now member of the full time reserve, there should be a weening off process, where by you are sent one rat pack a week for the first year, then every two weeks, and so on. just to get your fix, I'd be willing to commute some of pension for it. do you think they'd go for it. and once in a while a norgie turns up full of either range stew or snake and pigmy pies!!HHhmm!

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I feel very strongly, that as a now member of the full time reserve, there should be a weening off process, where by you are sent one rat pack a week for the first year, then every two weeks, and so on. just to get your fix, I'd be willing to commute some of pension for it. do you think they'd go for it. and once in a while a norgie turns up full of either range stew or snake and pigmy pies!!HHhmm!

I agree. One of the rules of joining the reserves should be that you get fed rat packs instead of the slop from the cook house during training. But with admin being on the ball with their BBQ's, we don't need the rats and end up either bringing them home or binning them (I've been called a skank before now for collecting unwanted rat pack meals after an ex :cool: )
The newer newer ratties are marvellous, better than the old babie's heads, beens and sausages and god awful beef paste you used to get.
The new chocolate is mint, but anything you fill with preservatives to last over 3 years is going to taste funny.
Last weekend while working in stores i came across a box of old 98 rat pack meals! Surplus to requirements they now live in my food box :lmao:

What mob you with Southey?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
no sorry, i mean the full time reserve list, as in left the AAC 5 years ago and just signed back onto the list, why not a free £28 which bought me a neck sheath. WINNERS ALL ROUND! i'm currently awaiting an email to say the RAF police are recruiting and i'll be trying to get back in. personally, the biggest mistake i every made was to leave, right choice at the time but a very short sighted decesion.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland

I can get a rat pack fix every now and then when I feel rich. though I would happily pay a small fortune for all of the remaining supplies of orange screech. - I loved the stuff so much!!

even the lemon one was pretty good!

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I can get a rat pack fix every now and then when I feel rich. though I would happily pay a small fortune for all of the remaining supplies of orange screech. - I loved the stuff so much!!

even the lemon one was pretty good!

Drop me you addy if you want these chap!!
DSCF3253.jpg

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I remember the old MRE menus from when they first switched from c-rats. A lot of guys complained about them so they switched. I actually miss some of the old ones. The real trouble with ALL military rations is if your deployed for an extended period, the menus will get monotonous. Hence the periodic redesign for most countries. It's a distinct advantage if you're near another countries forces because trading eases that a bit. The downside is you might well trade into something you don't recognize.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They used to be easy but when they made commercial resale illegal the real ones came off the market. Now there are loads of civilian versions but the only place you can buy the real issue ons or at the commisary and only active or retired military or their dependents have access to the commissary.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Remember a trick from the Boy Scouts and wipe a soap bar over the bottom (outside) of your mess tin before cooking and the soot will never stick. I thought the new rat packs had the chem heaters though?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE