Bristish Army Gortex Bivvy Bivy Bivi Bivvi bag draw string question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 4, 2012
Yorkshire
Hi folks

My brand new bivvy bag just arrived today, so as a brand spanker everything was great but ive discovered after jumping in it that the draw string only pulls about 6 inches out thus still leaving a gaping opening for the cold and rain to get in. I kind of expected the cord to reduce the hole to say face size at least, so I just wondered if this was normal or should it reduce the opening further. Im sure there are plenty of folk out there that have experience in using these bags, so any advice please!

aidy

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
Hello,

I found the string was stiff in my army bivvy bag when new and would hardly close, after a lot of use mine slackened off and closes no problem. It was just the newness for me. I found holding cord and bag material at the opening then sliding the material further up (with out the string moving) then pull the string again and repeat until the bag closes used to work for me.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah it should cinch up to less-than-face size.

Come say hello in the introductions section guys :)

May 4, 2012
Yorkshire
ok guys thanks, i knew it wasn't right, il have another play with it. Just don't wanna end up ripping anything by forcing the cord, maybe a piece of para cord would work better, anyone tried that?

sapper326

Jun 15, 2009
Newmarket, Suffolk
I've used this method for many things, i recently had a leaky shed roof and only had a plain builders tarp to use, paracord some loose stones in the garden, works well short term. If left in position it'll wear and damage the fabric.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE