Brew&Bread Stove Part 2.......

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey all, got the stove going today to see how it goes.......

it went ok, could do with some more air vent holes around the bottom though....the sheet of steel worked ace as a bread baker......

the stove is good but needs feeding little and often to keep the heat up (but my wood was realy wet).

over all quite happy with the results and next time i day trip its coming with me for a jolly.....

enjoy the pics..........

[/URL
[URL=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/outandaboutnewstove005.jpg/]

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
yes mate this is the other half, the cooking bit if you like......

that steel plate is thick and it took ages to grind into shape.............worth the effort though, i like this stove with the solid plate, does bread a treat.....as you can see.....lol..........

chris.....................................

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i always cook my camp bread in a device like this,..,.,..

went away from wrappin it around a stick a while ago,...

looks like a nice set up,...where will you use it?...

as the main kit?...

what size billy does it take?

Stu

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
this will be my main stove now, i normaly just get a fire going and use the embers with a non stick Tesco pan (alley).........im not sure what pan it will take as i have not tried it yet......the pan i used in the pic is an old dog food tin the BIG ones.......its good though because i dont mind getting it black and messed up, when it does it goes into the stove anyway, so who cares........... you can also put your water bottle inside the brew pot, something like a sig bottle or my gym bottle......

pan wise, im sure you could put what you want on it, if it fits inside the top, ace........if not it will need some mods with air vent holes around the top, so the smoke can get out, i may even do this just in case i need to use a bigger pot than normal........

overall quite pleased with it, few more holes from the drill and it will be done.....the best thing of all is i get these tins from work for nout, so when its to messey or rustey i will just jet a new 1, the hard work was grinding the plate which will be well looked after..............

hope this helps....

chris..........................................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE