brecon area canoeing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2006
brecon
hi peeps been a while since i posted on here organisewd a tripo about 2-3 years ago down the wye was great and i got the bug since then i have 3 canoes and have covered more than 300 miles on the wye and brecon canal (in total that is lol)
so to my point ..anyone interested in a south wales trip in the near future ? you can do the whole canal in under three days or use the wye again from glasbury and easily go for 7 or more days not saying we should have a week long trip ofc just mentioning it at this point also if you have transport i have a 3 man one man and a kiak i cant transport all of them but maybe willing to lend one to some one with some experience and a desire to come along on such a trip.
also if anyone in the area wants to learn the basics and spend some time in a canoe for a day on the canal just gimme a shout .
i would also like a bit of training myself if anyone has a qualification or and is in the area and would like to pass on a little knowledge as i am self taught at the moment and posative i must be doing a few thing wrong at least.
so if anyone is interested just reply here or drop me a pm cheers
i think i wrote a review of out last trip its on here some place i hope feel free to take a gander egress on the wye is a little difficult but 3 out of 4 of us that went saw our first ever wild mink :You_Rock_

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Lyndon

As Jungle re sais theres a trip in March which youre welcome to come along.

re the training - have you had a look on Song of the Paddle? There are regular meets on the Usk and the Wye, and I'm sure you should be able to pick up some tips if you go along on some of their meets. They also advertise for paddlers who are willing to act as students on Coach training courses.

Hope to see you on the 28th

ATB

Stewart

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If you want instruction I am a level 4 coach - Open Canoe - and give members of this site 20% discount....PM for more info

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE