santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I so need this!

13590226_10206858158755922_2001330958841985309_n.jpg

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Providing there's plenty of bread for egg sarnies and sufficient brown sauce you have the start of a good looking breakfast there, obviously if you are having coffee to follow you would need to drink it black coz milk can be fattening.

D.B.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Can't see any black pudding! 😭
No black pudding, ????!!!
What's the world coming to....
😞

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
"Heart-Stopper." The breakfast of champions. Needs Vitamin K ( = ketchup), piles of hash-browns and lots of fresh-cracked black pepper.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"Heart-Stopper." The breakfast of champions. Needs Vitamin K ( = ketchup), piles of hash-browns and lots of fresh-cracked black pepper.

I was also looking for hash browns (or even some potatoes O'Brien) or grits, as well as some jalepenos and cheese over the eggs. Maybe add some pancakes and blackstrap molasses I suppose the grits would require a separate pot though.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Spuds, grits = OK. Suit yourself on the hen-fruit, the cackle-berries. I need S&P, no more.

Nah. the pancakes and molasses, let's save that for another morning with far more pan cooked corn bread than we all could eat.
I gotta dope the pancakes with lots of buckwheat flour. OK by you?
Maybe 1/2 gallon black coffee.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
What a freakin' hoot!
Suppose that 6-8 of us got together to build the world's greatest breakfast.
Middle of nowhere. Sheet pans, woks and wood fires.
I''ll do the tortillas and the corn/gram/buckwheat flat breads.

Just killed off far more baby beef liver+bacon+onions than I ever need to eat. OOOG!
Fantastistic and free.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
piles of hash-browns

is that your hash browns our ours seen and tasted yours yuck :rolleyes: ... .....

LOL. You've tasted just which of our hash browns? Grated ones? Diced ones. Frozen Tater Tots or frozen Hash Brown sticks at fast food places? Southern ones? Northern ones? Midwestern ones? Potatoes O'Brien? There are at least a dozen different styles before you get into the sub-variations and frozen imitations; let alone family differences.

Heck, I don't like lots of them myself.

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
LOL. You've tasted just which of our hash browns? Grated ones? Diced ones. Frozen Tater Tots or frozen Hash Brown sticks at fast food places? Southern ones? Northern ones? Midwestern ones? Potatoes O'Brien? There are at least a dozen different styles before you get into the sub-variations and frozen imitations; let alone family differences.

white small diced and the shredded type in alberta and bc seem to come with every breakfast we ordered, in the we end we only went to places that had seniors menus

greenshoots

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah. And every place fries them in JetB. (helicopter fuel)

I shred raw potatoes, rinse in cold water and press.
Fine dice onion, eggs, S&P.
Make up: either a big loose mess in the pan or formed as burgers.
Fry in ever so little corn oil.

Nice thing is that everybody gets to call their creation "hash browns".
Some nights add corned beef and sauerkraut.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE