Brake cable bail arm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Warthog1981 gave me a length of the stuff and two of the little brass screw in blocks from an electric 'chocolate block'
I threaded one end of the cable through the chocolate block brass thingie, then through the loop on my billy (mine's riveted on, your's might be a hole in the side of the can) and back up through the brass thing and screwed in the two wee brass screws as tightly as I could.
Repeated it on the other side.
:D

You just need something to hold the folded wire securely......you can wrap it with wire, or if you're really good and neat about it you can splice it :D
Before anyone says you can't, then have a look at John Kemp, the ropeworker's site :notworthy: spliced stainless steel wire bracelets :D

http://www.knyph.co.uk/ropework.html
cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can drill your holes in the billy and then pass the cable through, get the brass centre out of an electrical choc-box connector and use that on the ends of your cable.

Those electrical wire crimp fittings can work too

EDIT:
Too slow :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Lou1661 put me onto a good one, Using 5\6mm brass tube, just remove the bail handle, the after passing through the brackets left crimp the wire in the tube, using an allenkey for a bit more crimpage:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE