Bradford Giant Rat BS

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Anyone else see this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3102460/Invasion-of-the-giant-rats-in-Bradford.html

The rat is being held close to the camera lens and far away from the person holding the (what looks like long poled lawn shears) stick.

Going off the length of the blades on the shears, and the fact teh rat is closer to them than the person in the background, it is a big rat, but certainly no monster as the report would have you suggest.

I've done loads of research into pictures of this type sent to us with snakes. All of them use this same trick to make a regular sized animal appear four times the regular size.

Here are a few classics....

drfms3.jpg

giant-rattlesnake.jpg

giant-snake-biting-fence.gif

Giant-Snake-Found-in-China-Scares-Man-to-Death.jpg

Attachments

• drfms3.jpg
    drfms3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 213

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
the Daily Mail does the same thing with knives.

The swines. I had a cracker earlier this year of a grass snake which was "measured" as being 10ft long. Ridiculous!! Unfortunately I can't publish it here, but it is clearly in the same vein as these fakes.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The bit about coypu is great"its not impossible that could have been survivors" I belive the same goes for the loch ness monster"it's not impossible that i was dressed as a rat and hanging out in her kitchen"

EdS

Ok- defo no 2 1/2 foot long rats in Bradford. How do I know? The part of Env Health I work in is Drainage and Pest Control for Bradford Met.

WE do have some biggies though - but it is just like the locals getting bigger to junk food diet. Not only are they getting fatter but as protein is no longer a limiting factor in growth they are getting "taller" (or is it longer). Just as the Japanese did after adopting a more western meat richer diet.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I know fishermen who do that photo thing too.

The Telegraph used a stock photo of a Malagasy giant rat. Why do they do things like that?

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
I know fishermen who do that photo thing too.
The Telegraph used a stock photo of a Malagasy giant rat. Why do they do things like that?

Yea, but only novice anglers think they are fooling anyone, Bushwhacker.

The gutter media do things like that because they're despicable!

Cheers.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Yea, but only novice anglers think they are fooling anyone, Bushwhacker.

Cheers.

I dunno, Des Taylor's column in the Angling Times last week or the week before highlighted how some of the big guns have been BSing too, they all got found out though.
Some people must be incredibly dumb if they think they can pull the wool over peoples' eyes.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
When I lived there I never saw big rats, only very very fast ones. We called them Bradford bunnies and presumed that all the slow ones were kebabs.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I lived there I never saw big rats, only very very fast ones. We called them Bradford bunnies and presumed that all the slow ones were kebabs.

:lmao:

You're not too far from the truth there Sam.

There used to be a really nasty kebab trailer outside Maestros in the 90s, I'm sure they were cooking up rats and cats. Tasted okay though at 03:45 when you're waiting for a taxi.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
[Father Ted is demonstrating some plastic toy cows to Dougal.]

"OK, one last time. These are smalll... but the ones out there are far away. Small... far away... ah forget it!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE