Brades Criterion No.2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brandon-C

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2017
Highlands
So as some of you might know I recently moved to Scotland and I already had family up here. One of the things they were telling me is that in the next village over there is an old church which is being used for removals and is packed to the brim with stuff for sale.

Well yesterday I finally got a chance to go and oh my I must have spent an hour or more looking around, they literally have anything you could think of old cameras, lots of old tools, clothes, appliances, perfume, books from the late 1800s, even saw a half used tube of bonjela from what seems like the 80s. It's just all people's stuff that have come and gone I guess. Well anyway​ there was lots of old tools and some film cameras that caught my eye but I'm not really looking to buy right now still I couldn't leave with out something so I did find two hatchets. The one I didn't get was carving hatchet also made in England but I was looking for something more versatile.
the place is just pick stuff up go outside and haggle with the lady, she was stern on £10 still not too bad of a price.

34304184892_a59c278958_k.jpg

33621621904_8742e7d4fc_k.jpg

So yeah this is it, it's in decent shape and mainly it's just the poll has mushroomed a bit but the edge had no big chips and handle was fine for it's age. It's was even sharp enough to shape a spoon but today I put a shaving sharp edge on it in no time and it slices wood like a dream. Might fully restore it, it would be my first axe restoration but still I like the character it has now but I think I might. All in all a nice useable hatchet.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Brandon-C

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2017
Highlands
That's definitely true, you could have 5 of them for my HB axe or £10 you'd just get Chinese whatever today.

I think in the future I will do a full restoration on it and fix the poll, polish it up, and replace the handle. Make it as good as new to last me my lifetime as it probably did the person who owned it before me.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE