Bradders in Iceland

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I caught it mate, the scenery is epic. I've fancied an iceland trip for a while, even more so now I spotted some trees :)

It must feel great to set foot on brand new earth knowing you are the first, and a bath in a warm lake at the end of a hard days Icelandic bimbling sounds awesome.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Iceland is one of my all time favourite destinations. Landscape is stunning. People are friendly and its possible to travel very cheaply. Not many trees in the south though and the seasons change by the minute.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I spent 6 weeks in Iceland back in 1995, camped at the foot of Vatnajokull.

That summer, England enjoyed a great heatwave - we got rained on nearly every day! My Goretex boots got wet and stayed wet :(

As poor students we were too tight to stick coins in the meter and endured cold showers. We didn't manage to wash any clothes apart from our undies as they never would have gotten dry. This combined with a diet solely comprised of beanfeast lead to somewhat fragrant accommodation.

Just watched Julia's walk over on iplayer - wow! I want to go back. I am suddenly inspired 'where to go for my 40th' next year.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Been there many many times, if you get up there look up Pali, http://www.knifemaker.is/ForSale.html he lives just outside of Rekjavik and his work is incredible.

As others have said Iceland is an incredible place, enjoy the lava flows down south then go north and enjoy the fjords and greenery

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE