Bought Sit On Top Ocean Sea Kayak Three Man Feel Free Corona

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Yesterday I drove from Northwest London to Lewes & bought a sit on Feel Free Corona Kayak and 2 expensive paddles(I am Told) then to Charminster to buy 2 superb inexpensive seats with Brass fittings from Mamboola highly recommended(01202535807 or 07717863167) for the Kayak then to Poole where my daughter/son in law are going to house the Kayak nominally owned by my 18 year old son, I then drove to the harbour where assembled throng went out on the Kayak the end result is my daughter is going to buy one as well.

$T2eC16JHJHMFH!fI5-mgBR1ce)NC2g~~60_12.JPG
ultimatebackrest.jpg

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Blimey seems a bit of a trek seeing how many Kayak shops we have in bournemouth n poole

I still want one as a dive platform to use in Swanage Harbour

ATB

Duncan

Duncan I saved £300 however its for my son who will pay for it apparently; when SWMBO is happy I have saved enough she might let me buy the jungle Parang I want unfortunately my sound system Power amplifier died replaced with Valve amp & of course I had to buy a valve preamp

parangfdeandgreay700.jpg
DROOL

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Sit on kayaks are lovely boats congratulations. They have enabled so many people to get out on the water. We see hundreds down here in Cornwall in Summer and many locals use them as well. My Ocean Prowler Trident 15 is just a joy to paddle out into Falmouth Bay or upriver, it is a big beast on land but a roof rack extension and a C-Tug trolley make handling it easy. Stable fishing platform as well. Planning some overnighting foraging trips, bivvying on places you can only access easily by water.

Just come back from Holiday at Challabough bay Devon hired a 2 man inflatable (all they had) and the kids loved it so looks like the SWMBO might let us have a SOT popped into Bournemouth canoes on the way home and was lookign at the feel free Gemini Sport whih is a slightly smaller 2 plus child version of the corona so may be gettting one for Holidays and such or if i can find some Paddle buddies in the poole to swanage area
:canoe: still want to try it for diving off and maybe a spot of fishing

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Just come back from Holiday at Challabough bay Devon hired a 2 man inflatable (all they had) and the kids loved it so looks like the SWMBO might let us have a SOT popped into Bournemouth canoes on the way home and was lookign at the feel free Gemini Sport whih is a slightly smaller 2 plus child version of the corona so may be gettting one for Holidays and such or if i can find some Paddle buddies in the poole to swanage area
:canoe: still want to try it for diving off and maybe a spot of fishing

Duncan

My son and daughter took the Corona kayak out just up from the Poole Quay with my 2 grandchildren on board, from the way it floated, I see no reason to doubt that it will take 2 my size & a normal size adult (280kg capacity) also it is very stable however best part of 80 lbs weight the Gemini sport is as you say shorter & lighter. Ebay is a less expensive way of purchasing a well cared for Kayak, I saved a lot over buying new. I can also recommend Mamboola Kayaks (01202 535807 or 01202 280536) who are on Ebay however they have shops in your area & a warehouse in Ferndown nr. Wimborne they are are likely to reduce advertised prices on personal collection (No Postage) as they did for me when I bought the seats, for the same seat some places charge more than twice the price I paid.

I have a light boat rod, I will see if I can persuade my son to let me take it out. though not in Poole Harbour with all those boats and chemical toilets, I eat what I catch I do not want to catch from what I eat.

John

Duncan

My son and daughter took the Corona kayak out just up from the Poole Quay with my 2 grandchildren on board, from the way it floated, I see no reason to doubt that it will take 2 my size & a normal size adult (280kg capacity) also it is very stable however best part of 80 lbs weight the Gemini sport is as you say shorter & lighter. Ebay is a less expensive way of purchasing a well cared for Kayak, I saved a lot over buying new. I can also recommend Mamboola Kayaks (01202 535807 or 01202 280536) who are on Ebay however they have shops in your area & a warehouse in Ferndown nr. Wimborne they are are likely to reduce advertised prices on personal collection (No Postage) as they did for me when I bought the seats, for the same seat some places charge more than twice the price I paid.

I have a light boat rod, I will see if I can persuade my son to let me take it out. though not in Poole Harbour with all those boats and chemical toilets, I eat what I catch I do not want to catch from what I eat.

John

HI John

Just found Mamboola kayaks just down the road in Ferndown as i drove past the ind est today on the way back from horses they where closed but got the website already looks a good deal on the Wheels £42 delivered as opposed t to £55 shop everywhere else yes i know these have a built in rear wheel but not sure if its good on the sand with lots of kit in

think the Corona would be a little big as I do want to use it solo some times and SHMBO is happy on the beach

looks like a lot of Kayaking from Swanage pier which is a great dive site any way used to get a lot of flatfish there night diving

also Hengistbury head should be good as you can get to the reef coming out from Mudeford beach which asi a great fishing spot and Crabs/ lobsters but only diving

ATB

Duncan

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Duncan

The wheel is great on firm sand but hates gravel or shingle the separate wheels are a great idea & apparently inexpensive even less if collected ask them I think I dealt with Chris: As for Swanage Pier is it open since the storm damage?

I should have said I have no connection with Mamboola just a satisfied customer neither do I have any idea what their kayaks are like never having seen one.

Happy kayaking

John

Duncan

The wheel is great on firm sand but hates gravel or shingle the separate wheels are a great idea & apparently inexpensive even less if collected ask them I think I dealt with Chris: As for Swanage Pier is it open since the storm damage?

I should have said I have no connection with Mamboola just a satisfied customer neither do I have any idea what their kayaks are like never having seen one.

Happy kayaking

John

Had no idea about the pier damage i haven't been down this year tho When diving i pretty much spent the summer weekends there in my Van ;)

would launch of the beach any way ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE