Books for Cold Steel Boomerang

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I was planning no buying myself a Cold Steel Boomerang for xmas, but as I have some books and bits lying around I already want to move on I thought I may as well try for a trade first , also looking for a fat 50cal ammo box and a 32GB or 64GB Samsung micro sd card.
Archery Books
Saxton Pope................................TRADED
Horseback archery............................... Kassai lajos
The Archers and Bowhunters Bible ....H Lea Lawrence
Tracking Books
Tom Browns ........................................Field guide
and
Tom Browns Jr......................................The science and art of tracking
Tracks and signs of the birds of Britain and Europe
Animal tracking basics........................Jon Young
Mantrapping .......... ............................Ragner Benson
Canoeing Books
The Canoe boys ..................................Alistair Dunnet
Cockleshell Canoes ...........................Quinten Rees
The Canoe a living Tradition...............John Jennings
Canoecraft............................................Ted Moore
Building a Birchbark Canoe ..............David Gidmark
and
Canoe paddles............................ G warren and D Gidmark
BCU Canoe and Kayak Handbook 3rd Ed
Slingshots
Slingshot shooting ..........................Jack H Koehler

all paper backs and all in good condition

Selway Traditional 6 arrow hip Quiver.....now traded

Palm 15m Throw Line as new.

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I can't help you with a CS boomerang but I'd suggest you try making one yourself.

I used to make them out of plywood as a kid - the laminations helped me to judge the airfoil shape. I probably have a book on this knocking about somewhere. I can scan some pages and send them to you if you are interested. These days you can probably find some instructions online too.

Cheers!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The cold steel boomerangs don't come back to you, they're not designed to... you probably know this, but just thought i'd mention it in case you didn't :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
The cold steel boomerangs don't come back to you, they're not designed to... you probably know this, but just thought i'd mention it in case you didn't :)

Nope but it matters not. Hunting boomerangs are not hard to make either.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I can't help you with a CS boomerang but I'd suggest you try making one yourself.
I probably have a book on this knocking about somewhere.
Cheers!
Cheers Huon
"I would be interested in the title of the book"

Can you post a pic of hunting the hard way please
Hi OZZY Ill get on that ASAP for you..
Found it OZZY, so I stuck it on to the bottom of this post, hope it helps..

I do have a bit of a hang on the history of Boomerangs and throwing sticks, from the 30,000 year old throwing stick found in the Oblazowa cave in Poland made from a mammoth tusk and the Howard Carter collection of boomerangs found in Tutankhamen’s tomb in 1922, "I havent found a image of Florida boomerang yet though Jacko;) Hi Bro"
and a rough idea of the physics of the boomerang lift, torque and precession and all that stuff.
Collection of Egyptians boomerangs.

There is a good thread on Bushcraft OZ under Primative & Traditional Only and Bush boomerang, and if I could recommend watching just one YouTube video it would have to be Boomerang making (english version) "by F. Bianchi I defy anyone to watch it and not want to try making one for their selves the video is a work of art.

I just fancied trying out a near unbreakable polymer job for a change,
but anyhoo but here are couple of my ongoing jobs

This branch is an Oak windfall

A very small Birch twig.

Unfortunately my sticks usually turn out like something a dog would reject on the beach, Oh well...

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Here you go:

All About Boomerangs

Cheers Huon
"I would be interested in the title of the book"

Hi OZZY Ill get on that ASAP for you..
Found it OZZY, so I stuck it on to the bottom of this post, hope it helps..

I do have a bit of a hang on the history of Boomerangs and throwing sticks, from the 30,000 year old throwing stick found in the Oblazowa cave in Poland made from a mammoth tusk and the Howard Carter collection of boomerangs found in Tutankhamen’s tomb in 1922, "I havent found a image of Florida boomerang yet though Jacko;) Hi Bro"
and a rough idea of the physics of the boomerang lift, torque and precession and all that stuff.
Collection of Egyptians boomerangs.

There is a good thread on Bushcraft OZ under Primative & Traditional Only and Bush boomerang, and if I could recommend watching just one YouTube video it would have to be Boomerang making (english version) "by F. Bianchi I defy anyone to watch it and not want to try making one for their selves the video is a work of art.

I just fancied trying out a near unbreakable polymer job for a change,
but anyhoo but here are couple of my ongoing jobs

This branch is an Oak windfall

A very small Birch twig.

Unfortunately my sticks usually turn out like something a dog would reject on the beach, Oh well...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE