Book Recommendations - Out on the land

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Delboy

Nov 13, 2014
White Rose
Just wondering if anyone has, or has read the Ray Mears/Lars Felt book ‘Out on the land’.

Read some mixed reviews and I’m considering adding it to the book shelf

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I really like it. It’s very much aimed at Bushcraft in Scandinavia, that said there is plenty of crossover and techniques that are useful here too. If you want to learn Bushcraft for the UK then Ray’s earlier books are better. As always you can’t fault the quality of his work and photography.
I read some of the negative reviews on amazon and agree the layout is slight confuse but for me it doesn’t detract from the book. Some of the reviews complained about to much detail and ‘nothing new’. I think it’s refreshing to have a books with lots of detail as there’s plenty of basic survival works that duplicate and plagerise each other. The ‘nothing new’ comments are unfounded as again one of Ray Mears’s mantras is his attention to detail which is sadly missing from so many other texts.

Reactions: Delboy

Delboy

Nov 13, 2014
White Rose
I really like it. It’s very much aimed at Bushcraft in Scandinavia, that said there is plenty of crossover and techniques that are useful here too. If you want to learn Bushcraft for the UK then Ray’s earlier books are better. As always you can’t fault the quality of his work and photography.
I read some of the negative reviews on amazon and agree the layout is slight confuse but for me it doesn’t detract from the book. Some of the reviews complained about to much detail and ‘nothing new’. I think it’s refreshing to have a books with lots of detail as there’s plenty of basic survival works that duplicate and plagerise each other. The ‘nothing new’ comments are unfounded as again one of Ray Mears’s mantras is his attention to detail which is sadly missing from so many other texts.

Looks like I will be buying it then

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE