Bonjour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Apologies. Been posting for a week and hadn't seen this board before.

Enjoy the woods. Come from a long line of woods people. Been layed up this winter with ill-health (which is why I'm posting here instead of spending time in the woods).

I've really enjoyed this board and the enthusiasm people show for wilderness. Seems like everyone around where I live just keeps trying to figure out more ways to do away with wilderness.

About me:

I'm 52 and live with my wife, Wing, son Tim (18) and daughter Sara (16) in an old log lodge we've remodeled on a small lake in NE Minnesota. Both our younger children started college this autumn. Two older sons are married and have left home. We have a new addition, a 10 mo. old grandson (sad story concerning one of my older boys), living with us. Kind of a shock to the system.

I am a peace officer in a small forested jurisdiction (2,301 square miles, with a population of 11,058 people). I enjoy the area. Some of my mother's family has lived here for hundreds of years (more unusual in the US than in other parts of the world).

We enjoy camping, canoeing, hunting, fishing and try to live by the seasons.

PG

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bonjour a toi Pierre - Bienvenue en BCUK ;)

Already read some of your posts - a very active poster :D

Make yourself comfortable near our virtual campfire and meanwhile regain your health. Hope you like it here, and if there are any questions: don't hesitate to fire them away!!

Johan

EDIT: the population increased to 11.059 :p ;) :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bonjour Pierrre,
Bienvenue au bcuk :) Le feu est allume et la compagnie est bonne.

I've been enjoying your posts; good stuff.

Cheers,
Toddy

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Toddy said:
Bonjour Pierrre,
Bienvenue au bcuk :) Le feu est allume et la compagnie est bonne.

Cheers,
Toddy

:eek: I don't know why I stuck the "bonjour" on there - probably because of my name. No one in our family has lived in France since the 1640s - and no one has lived in Quebec since the 1760s. Though my grandparents spoke it, and my mother understood it, realistically "bonjour" is about the extent of my French.

PG

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
pierre girard said:
:eek: I don't know why I stuck the "bonjour" on there - probably because of my name. No one in our family has lived in France since the 1640s - and no one has lived in Quebec since the 1760s. Though my grandparents spoke it, and my mother understood it, realistically "bonjour" is about the extent of my French.

PG

Only schoolgirl stuff here I'm afraid, and that wasn't yesterday! ;)
Ah, mais car chacun sait, les enfants de l'Ecosse sont également les enfants de la France.......something to do with Scot's Kings having a penchant for having French Queens, I think.
We still use a fair number of French words that have been subtely Scotticized though....gigot chops, ashet pies, that kind of thing.

Anyway, you're very welcome to the virtual campfire, pull up a log, the kettle's on and there are a lot of good folks around.
Cheers,
Toddy

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
pierre girard said:
Apologies. Been posting for a week and hadn't seen this board before.

Enjoy the woods. Come from a long line of woods people. Been layed up this winter with ill-health (which is why I'm posting here instead of spending time in the woods).

I've really enjoyed this board and the enthusiasm people show for wilderness. Seems like everyone around where I live just keeps trying to figure out more ways to do away with wilderness.

About me:

I'm 52 and live with my wife, Wing, son Tim (18) and daughter Sara (16) in an old log lodge we've remodeled on a small lake in NE Minnesota. Both our younger children started college this autumn. Two older sons are married and have left home. We have a new addition, a 10 mo. old grandson (sad story concerning one of my older boys), living with us. Kind of a shock to the system.

I am a peace officer in a small forested jurisdiction (2,301 square miles, with a population of 11,058 people). I enjoy the area. Some of my mother's family has lived here for hundreds of years (more unusual in the US than in other parts of the world).

We enjoy camping, canoeing, hunting, fishing and try to live by the seasons.

PG

Hi mate and welcome here,
I greatly enjoyed your post and I am happy that you are here.
A personal question to you from me. How did you manage that you could be in a cabin having children and all. We have the pressure here to give our kids to the goverment for schooling, if I dont do it they will take them away from me. If I would life in the bush in my cabin they would have to travel for hours to get to school and back. I didnt see another way for me than to move to a small town, have the school near by and go back and forth between my place in the woods and my place in town. How did you managed it, is homeschooling allowed in your place? Here its very hard to get permission for it.

cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE