Bob C's new stove

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
there's a thread up already on this shewie, someone spotted it a few days ago and posted that link. looks like a fair alternative to a honey stove

stuart

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Shewie - hold off for a bit on getting one. For a start another guy has ordered one already and probably has it now. I think he will do a review. Also there are going to be a few new stove developments coming out from Bob and Rose at BPL-UK I heard. Two other new stoves are supposed to be on the agenda. Think Titanium might be on the cards too!! Just think, titanium honey stove or hive or pocket stove!! Mmmmm!!!

BTW I checked the weights for honey stove in 4 sided arrangement and it is really only about 20g more than the pocket stove. You do have to use some foil as the lower plate for woodfire and replace every so often but if you have the honey use that a while I reckon. The other difference other than weight is the taper towards the top which others have quite rightly said is like the emberlit stove. I guess this improvement was made after the emberlit stove and the vargo stove too has that taper. Guess there is something in it.

BTW the website now has the internal dimensions listed so you can see what meths burners would fit it. I asked them if a normal can type stove would fit such as the one you used to get from AGG in their cooksets. Apparently that sort of can fits this pocket stove. In fact it was designed with them in mind as well as the Evernew and trangia burner units. The WBS would be too wide a jet pattern for it though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll be holding out for a while I think, I've hardly used the Emberlit yet :)

I sometimes carry my Bushbuddy Ultra but I find myself using meths or gas more often these days, I only seem to be cooking over a fire when canoe camping.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I got a honey a good few years ago now (2009 or sooner I think) I have used it so little I might as well sell it. However I know I want the pocket stove as it's lighter. I need help!!

If it comes in Ti or if they come up with something else that looks even more interesting I know I will succomb eventually, especially if the price is right.

Dec 16, 2007
I have a trangia triangle and was thinking of making a plate to sit on the burner holder so I can use hexy blocks. will work just the same as the pocket stove.

Podcast Bob

Well, I don't know, you have a chat or two with people who happen to drift by our website and all of a sudden there's a thread or two here ;-)

Lets add some facts to these comments if I may.

Firstly, I hadn't seen the Emberlit until I saw this thread and I'm please to say that once again, my design has more flexibility and functionality than the US design, with 2 base plate heights, slots for Trangia and the plate is perforated for Esbit use, which the Emberlit doesn't look to be. You can also use mine just as a windshield if need be.

AND ... get your tissues ready!!!! ... it IS also being cut in .5mm Titanium as well as Stainless (So is the Honey). I saw the first samples yesterday and I am very excited. The cutters are doing a great job and providing they don't have much wastage from the sheets the price will be up on the website next week.

Now for the really clever bit. The old Honey didn't have a square plate and people have adapted many things, one of which is a shoe polish tin lid to do the job. Well the square plate which is supplied in the Pocket Stove is also the SAME plate as supplied in the the new 2012 Honey. Cool eh? ;-)

The new items, the square plate and the square food grade grill for the Honey and the Hive will be available separately, along with the new streamlined Trangia Honey plate, prices to be confirmed.

Very excited and also 'broke' finding sheets of Titanium from the Formula One motor industry. Better use I'd say.

I'm not here all the time, so any questions please email me at BPL. We also have a big clearance section at the moment with the last few 2011 Honey Stoves at reduced prices if anyone is interested.

Thanks once again for all your interest and support. I'm really pushing the British Manufacturing aspect this year and all the stoves are 100% British ;-)

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Thanks Bob for posting. Dilemma time. Get a square plate for honey or get a pocket stove in Ti when it comes to market? OR get the square plate AND the Ti Pocket stove??

Any idea how much the new honey stove bits are?? Email will soon be on way to BPL-UK I think.

Think I'll ask if the tapered design in the pocket really adds performance over the similar sized four side honey setup while I'm at it.

Podcast Bob

Just letting people know the inidividual smaller pieces are now available, which may be of interest especially the grill and the square plate.

Certainly the emails this morning seem to indicate that. Don't forget the square plate in the Pocket Stove is the same as the Honey, which will give even more options ;-)

Still waiting for the Titanium products to arrive ... pant .. pant ... pant .. tongue hanging out .....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE