Boats break in water

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
umm... have you check the boat is empty???

Ah, I've been informed over on SoTP, that it's been making it's way down the North Tyne, bit by bit, for several weeks now. If there had been anyone in it or indeed, anyone had been missing, the paddling community and authorities would certainly have sorted it out before now.

It's actually gone from that particular location now, as the Tyne was up by about 3 & 1/2 feet yesterday and it appears to have carried on its journey to the sea.

I imagine the boat has been reported numerous times to the police but it's probably a hell of a job to recover it, whenever it gets hung up like that.

It could be anywhere downstream but I suspect it will turn up at the narrows, below the old railway stanchions, above Hexham, next.

R.B.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
This is my Nova Craft SP3 Prospector, which I bought last June:
Easily the best polythene boat available, of its size.

P3260039copyresize.jpg

P6190024copyresized.jpg

I absolutely love mine, it's a bit heavy but it's like the land rover of the canoe world, it'll go anywhere and do anything you want it to do.

Mind you; I say its heavy but its no heavier than any of the other available polythene boats of the same size, from any other manufacturer.

Check this out:
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3302-Nova-Craft-Prospector-15.6-SP3

forgot to add: The important thing before buying-is to try the boat first and that's any boat best to try a selection before deciding on a particular boat, ( unless its a NC SP3:rolleyes:)

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve, that's a beaut of canoe. I will heed your wise words.

Cheers

Paul

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This is my Nova Craft SP3 Prospector, which I bought last June:
Easily the best polythene boat available, of its size.

P3260039copyresize.jpg

P6190024copyresized.jpg

I absolutely love mine, it's a bit heavy but it's like the land rover of the canoe world, it'll go anywhere and do anything you want it to do.

Mind you; I say its heavy but its no heavier than any of the other available polythene boats of the same size, from any other manufacturer.

Check this out:
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3302-Nova-Craft-Prospector-15.6-SP3

forgot to add: The important thing before buying-is to try the boat first and that's any boat best to try a selection before deciding on a particular boat, ( unless its a NC SP3:rolleyes:)

Cheers

Steve

I have heard nothing but good about those boats :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE