Boars on the box.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Rouge Raiders:Wild Boar

Jake Willers continues his assessment of antisocial animals by investigating the resurgence of wild boar in Britain's countryside, and examining the problems they create. He also travels to Berlin, where the animals have been spotted in residential areas, and speaks to expert Derk Ehlert about the threat they pose.

Tonight Channel 5 7:15pm

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Watched and found very interesting. Defo don't want to bump in to one of them when I creep out of my basha for a number one at 3a.m. If you know what I mean :lmao:

Pib

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Well that was a reasonable bit of telly, it was amazing to see that they have urban boar in Berlin 1000's of em. I wasn't that impressed with the beginning of the program it was to be scaremongering, mega pigs that attack on site this, disease carrying that ,destroyers of land and property the other, but as the program progressed it became more sympathetic towards the boar and eventually concluded that we should count are selves lucky that we are regaining a long lost mammal species. Well done channel five not a bad piece of reporting.

James

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
James,

I agree with you. A reasonable bit of TV that appeared to be very anti boar until the last few minutes. Any casual watcher who did not wait for the conclusions would assume that these beutiful animals need to be at least culled or wiped out immeadiatley.

It's a shame the programme was edited to show a balanced view throughout.

David

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Entertaining for sure, I nearly laughed my beer out when they were chasing them round that boatyard. :D

Thought they were a bit quick to downplay the foot and mouth threat. Saying that the boars had got through the last crisis didn't really close the book on it for me, I know a few farmers who wouldn't be comfortable with another wild potential carrier around.
....and wasn't sure if baiting them in Berlin to gauge aggression levels done them justice. Those boars were obviously more used to human presence than wood dwellers.

Interesting stuff though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE