Blinkin' Flip

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Is it just me, or is everyone else just about keffed off with this weather?
It's about time Spring got itself sorted out and started to happen. Properly.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I thought it was fairly mild over the weekend, the fog was kind of fun yesterday but it wasn't cold. Woke up this morning to snow showers and a cold biting wind.

Still it's only early Feb and I can remember snow on the ground in early April not so long ago.

I am wanting to get cracking in the garden though but I keep putting it off because it's too cold for messing about in mud right now.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I think its great, some of the best Scottish winter mountaineering conditions weve had for years!

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
You can't beat some canoe icebreaking! :D and there's never anyone about, I love it!

P2070032.jpg

P2070033.jpg

P2070045.jpg

Cheers

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Loch Ard, my local stomp... well, local float! it was mostly thawed out but there were a couple of spots in the south eastern corners where the sun doesn't get to. The photo above was looking into the hidden loch

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
LOL that wasn't even the chunky stuff!! Difficult to see as there's nothing for scale but the sticky up bit was about 40mm out of the existing ice.

P2070044.jpg

we couldn't break this stuff, it even took a chunk out of my indestructable ainsworth! :eek:

Cheers,

Alan

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I like the winter, gives me a chance to use all that kit I bought to keep me warm and dry.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
saw some daffodil shoots today got a good 6 inches so far so i reckon flowers soon. not seen any snowdrops although i only know one very remote area they grow in round here so i'll have to check.
spring is on its way but its taking its time ;)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'm a gardener, this weather is killing me. last year i was harvesting rhubarb and spinach in february.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I just feel that Winter has been going on for too long now.
I am more than happy to admit I am a fair-weather camper. I am not a martyr. You hard core bushcrafters can have Winter to yourselves. I am not out to suffer, test myself, or endure.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im not a hardcore camper and we have short winter's compared to other country's i much prefer this cold dry(ish) weather compared to wet damp stuff,personnley wish there was only two season's cold dry(not including snow and frost) winter's and hot summer's but like that's ever going to happen in good old Blighty.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
Would much rather spend the winter in front of the fire at home than sitting out in the cold and wet!

Fed up with winter now too, it does seem like its been dragging on for ages now. Still, not long to go, end of March is when I will be starting this year.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lol i know where your coming from Durulz, i was out at the end of Jan and it was damned cold at night, especially as we couldn't have a fire (well tbh the tent would have burned down around us) and we were on a campsite.
however i'm out again at the end of this month and we can at least have fire so we'll see how we go, i hope it warms up a touch at least.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE