Bladdered

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've just bought two Webtex Hydration Pouches to fit my bergen. I already have a Camelbak Unbottle, which is great, but doesn't quite fit in the pouch. From experience, I've found the Camelbak to be much better than the Platypus I used to use, both in quality and function, but I'm also interested in finding out about the bladders made by Gelert. Their Trespass Hydration Bladder looks to be a similar quality to Camelbak, but is much cheaper. What do you guys use?

I use a Flexiflask 2 litre, I think it was Trekmates that marketed them. It was only around £4 in a sale and I chose it as it didn't have a drinking hose. So far it seams pretty tough but i'd prefer an MSR one but can't justify the daft price when I can get a 5 litre water jerry can for about £3.99 which lives in the canoe.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
cheapy 2l water bladder aquired at a shop in gunwarf quay in portsmouth two or three years ago. I had to replace the bite valve with a stormshield one when it started leaking. total cost was about £6 including the replacement valve.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I'd be interested to hear what the Gelert/trespass is like. Think I've seen them but never used them. My system is one of the short lived Sigg examples, much modified so it actually works and the bite valve replaced with a camelbak one.

I have used Platypus's but not for very long. A good distraction when walking on Dartmoor is Platypus bite valve spotting, they're not the most secure design.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE