Black Bunnys at Kinloss

GunnySonics

Apr 24, 2013
Moray
I was out walking my JRT around Kinloss yesterday and spotted a couple of Black Bunnys, i managed to snap one of them:-

IMG_1355.jpg

I've seen one before many years ago but to see 2 together was quite a treat, i almost spilt my acorn tea :D

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi Gunny
I also seen a black one near the Eight Acres Hotel the other day .Do you think you need permission if you think they are going to charge or attack. Just stay close to your JR and you should be OK Bro.

GunnySonics

Apr 24, 2013
Moray
Hi Gunny
I also seen a black one near the Eight Acres Hotel the other day .Do you think you need permission if you think they are going to charge and attack , Just stay close to your JR and you should be OK Bro.

even my terrier didnt know what to make of them and he loves his bunnys

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Funnily enough, I had pet rabbits as a child, and they were black; one came from a nest where the doe had been killed by a dog. Tiny wee thing at first, but it grew in a hurry. Very tame for me, but it shredded any of my friends who tried to pick him up.

Makes you wonder what idiot first thought that something with constantly growing teeth and claws would make a good pet for a child, regardless of how soft the fur was :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
There's a black rabbit in a reservation near me too. Not a discarded pet I think, because it has a burrow and it's shy and everything.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I've seen black rabbits out and about before. I seem to recall seeing a couple whilst on the train from Glasgow to Aberdeen one time...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
On skomer island, off the Pembrokeshire coast, the rabbits often look like domestic bunnies, with several different colours all on the same animal. Apparently this was due to the island population being farmed for fur years ago and some domestic animals were introduced to improve the stock. The result is wild rabbits that look like pet bunnies, but aren't.

I used to have a picture of one, but it was lost in a computer crash.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
It just occured to me, if there's just one black bunny in the population, it could also be melanistic.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Had black rabbits over some some years back they have sandy blonde ones here on one of the golf courses at the moment

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
Remember about 20 years ago at Littondale near Pen y Gent, hundreds of black rabbits. About a fifty fifty ratio to the normal colour. As I entered a field they were swarming over a dry stone wall to escape. Never seen as many before or since.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE