Bizarre-ness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Some of you who have been around for a while will remember my... Problems, shall we say with my WS Dartmoor.

All was satisfactorily resolved.

However, a new chapter in the story has been opened with this

That's the knife I returned..... It was supposed to have been destroyed during their testing....

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Oh it is, definately.

304/500 but I recognised it without even checking that.
I have a replacement (also stamped 304) which annoys the nerd in me a touch.

More to the point though, it looks very much as though it still has the dangerously defective handle attatched.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
One answer could be was never sent away didn't WS go belly up receintly? maybe was auctioned off if factory goods were sold off? interesting if that is the case the buyer was warned about its history no one left to complain too now is there.
Dave.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Mail Ebay and tell them the story and get it removed from sale as being defective

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
maver said:
Mail Ebay and tell them the story and get it removed from sale as being defective

I was just about to say that. Do you have any of the correspondence you have had with WS, send copies of that too.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Nemisis said:
One thought just struck me maybe seller is ex WS employee?
over on BB it's been said that he's a dealer in notts and a lot of WS stuff passes through his hands.

I'm a bit surprised that the replacement was marked 304 anyway. it's clear that it wasn't really the 304th knife to be made. I'm a bit shocked that the dangerously faulty knife has made it's way back into the market though.
I would hope the the respectable dealer will remove it and maybe I can go have a look at it when I go back to notts

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
I kinda wondered at the time, but I was rather insistent upon having a numbered blade as a replacement. A "percieved value" thing.

Yep, I actually know the guy's company although I honestly can't remember if I've dealt with him.

I'm quite willing to believe that he aquired it in good faith.

I'm peeved that I was lied to by WS.
I'm peeved that there's another blade with "my" number.
I'm concerned that there's a dangerous blade for sale, and it is dangerous.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Great Pebble, could you please explain to those that did not see or hear about this knife what went wrong with the handle ? Or maybe direct me to a link where I could read about it in the beginning ? Thank you.......by the way, good looking knife.

Robbie Roberson ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE