Bivy bag with mosquito net?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Hello!

I´m investing in a bivy bag, and I wonder if you know of any products with mosquito net integrated?
Those of you that have slept outside in Norway might know how it feels to be a living bufé....
Are bivy bags without mosquito nets very dense to breathe in when fully closed?

I´m interested in a quality product, and it needs to be woodland camo or a similar color. If there are certain brands that use soundless (or close to soundless) fabrics, then even better!
Insulation is a big pluss but not a must.

You people seem to have tested most of what´s available, and I would appreciate your advise in this matter so that I don´t buy something I´ll regret :)
I have tried the search engine, but I didn´t find quite what I was looking for.

Thank you!

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Would the Jack Wolfskin Gossamer bivi/tent work for your needs? Reasonable price, little bigger than a bivi bag also the moss green colour should blend in well. Has a full mosi net liner, think its a bathtub groundsheet with a fly of 4,000mm hydrostatic head.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I had a Snugpak Stratosphere that was ok, the net was built in and having a small hoop, it kept it all off your face. Not a massive bag though so if you're after roomy this might not be an option.

I have seen also sleeping bags with built in nets which might be another option.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you all! :D Much appreciated!

That dutch hooped bivi looks great! This might actually be just what I´m looking for.
I just saw a review on it on youtube, and the person shared the bivi with his dog. Nice to know that it´s spacious enough for me and my dog, if I bring her with me.
Does anyone know how many degrees the dutch increases the temperature? I´ve heard that some bivis add somewhere between 5-10 degrees, but I don´t know if it´s true?

I also came across the RAB Assault Bivi Bag, and it looks interesting to. I´ll have to read more about the RAB first, but the dutch might just win this round.

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
There are several very nice alternatives here now! It suddenly became difficult to choose.
Now I´ll have to put on my IQ reducing thinking cap, so that I might come to a decision ;)

I want to thank everyone for their tips! :D

I used a 2/3 season down bag with an army issue goretex bivvy and a small wedge mozzy net in Finland May/June 2011. Served me well. My travel buddy had no net and had to sleep with his sleeping bag over his head and roasted almost to death. We used traditional Finish wooden lavvus for most of our trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE