Bivvi bag for kip mat?

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
** Swapped**

Hi, I have a bivvi bag (I will post pictures tomorrow) that I would like to trade it for a kip mat like here http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1373

If no one comes up with the kip mat I might be interested in a thermarest or copy.

I have only used to bivvi bag once camping in the garden and the length was fine for me at 5' 11"

The bag doesn't close completely at the top but has a large pocket/hood which is good for storing kit just above your head. The bag has a central full length zip.

Cheers,
Asa.

EDIT: Would still prefer the kip mat/self-inflating mat but am open to offers...

Last edited:

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Here are the photos I promised:
bjikwk.jpg

ip8jmt.jpg

1zdyhol.jpg

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Yeah I tested mine and found out it is waterproof to a point but is in no way breathable, had it posted in my thread and stured up a bit of a rucus as some things got mixed up. Was just someone trying to help me and and potential swapped :)

Richie20

Feb 16, 2010
Peak District
Yep,
That's the Arctic Issue sleeping bag cover ( or a copy), issued with the old 58 pattern arctic sleeping bag ( and maybe more recent arctic bags ), although now replaced by the goretex bivvy bag I presume, maybe still issued as the MOD has bought thousands and they are obviously cheap to manufacture. Waterproof material but the zip can be a bit iffy, but completely non breathable, a night in one of those will render you sopping. They are OK to kip on top of and the bit at the top makes a good waterproof gonk bag stuffbag if you remove it from the rest of the bag,
Cheers, Richie

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
Yep,
That's the Arctic Issue sleeping bag cover ( or a copy), issued with the old 58 pattern arctic sleeping bag ( and maybe more recent arctic bags ), although now replaced by the goretex bivvy bag I presume, maybe still issued as the MOD has bought thousands and they are obviously cheap to manufacture. Waterproof material but the zip can be a bit iffy, but completely non breathable, a night in one of those will render you sopping. They are OK to kip on top of and the bit at the top makes a good waterproof gonk bag stuffbag if you remove it from the rest of the bag,
Cheers, Richie

ive slept out in one of these in a old derelict house and found it fine:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE