Bits of Deer.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I can't remember who it was that was looking for deer tendon (for making bow-strings I think?) but I might be able to help them with their quest very soon if they get in touch with me. I've been talking to a guy I do a little work for and he should soon be letting me have various bits of deer that will prove most useful. He owns a pest control and stalking business, so he regularly has to clean a number of deer. I should have antlers, skins and tendons/ sinew coming to me in the next few weeks. I'll be tanning the skins for use in various projects, hopefully using the antlers for handles, toggles and the like as well as for flint knapping (when I learn how), but I'm not interested in bow-making so if any of you want a tendon or two, let me know.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I'm not looking to sell the things, just let folks want them if they have a geniune use for them. I'll let you know more when I know how many I've got.

Interesting to note that when I asked about the tendons, the chap wanted to know what they are for as the Orientals apparently go for them as an aphrodisiac! :confused:

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Well I'm DEFINITELY interested then! Just the one leg tendon'l do me fine, I don't want to be greedy :p

Although that aphrodisiac sounds like a viable option.... :D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
That will have been James Lenton when we were up at Ashridge way back in November!

Not sure what he wants them for, probably primitive arrow making and cordage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE