Bitish army issue hammock and insect net anyone done mods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi planning on improving the issue hammock/stretcher and mozzie net combo into something more insect proof/tidy.

thinking about semi permanently attaching the net and hammock.
but I want to be able to remove the net to use the hammock as a stretcher if necessary.

thinking zips, poppers, velcro(ugh noisey).

anyone tried this already?

"fox" have very closely copied the issue version, but adapted it to a triangular design, what say you?
Complete_Fox_System_3_In_1.jpg

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
ah...?...that's more confusing...I always use the "pocket" side for sleeping/stretcher use.

why use the other side? is there an advantage?

there have been a lot of discussion about what the various parts do like:
the large pocket at the head end (I assume it's the head end...it may be the foot end)
why are there tapes in that pocket? to tie feet in the pocket? to tie shoulders in place?
is the pocket to hold kit? pillow?
there are 6 obvious handles for stretcher use, but what are the smaller tape loops for that are underneath?

Jan 23, 2012
Germany
Hello all,
The large pocket & tapes on the back/bottom are for a Cas feet to be placed and tie in.
You seem to missing the two spreader bars (6 small bars in all, which make up 2 long bars).
The 6 obvious handles are for you to form a stretcher or you can use the two holes with two logs.
I hope this helps.
Regards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE