Bison Bushcraft Guide Shirt ''Winter''

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
You might have to drop Roger at Bison a line, the internet has no images of the 'Winter' shirt being worn, most folks (including me) seem to have opted for 'Autumn'.

bison.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've got the Winter and Summer versions; I felt the Autumn one made me look a bit rusty. Interestingly, the wool on the Summer one seems a bit thicker than the winter one. I'm afraid I don't really have any pictures of me wearing it because I really, really hate having my picture taken and I seldom have a camera with me when it the woods. Sorry!

Jul 8, 2013
Devon
Yes, I have the autumn one and winter. The winter is lighter material. Shame really. There's no advantage to it over the heavier material and it doesn't feel as robust

I've got the Winter and Summer versions; I felt the Autumn one made me look a bit rusty. Interestingly, the wool on the Summer one seems a bit thicker than the winter one.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hey,

Does anyone have any pictures wearing the shirt?

No, but I can confirm they are not 'tailored' in the body so unless you wear a belt it will hang like a sack.

In my opinion the Autumn is too heavy to tuck inside trousers so I had SWMBO put in several pleats which makes a big difference.

K

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Yes, I have the autumn one and winter. The winter is lighter material. Shame really. There's no advantage to it over the heavier material and it doesn't feel as robust

The Autumn, winter, summer and spring fabrics used in our Guide and Forester shirts are all exactly the same weight/thickness wool. The names are just a reflection of the colour schemes. Unless you have one of our shirts specifically sold as lightweight, these were made from a batch of lighter cloth.

Roger
Bison Bushcraft

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2013
Devon
Well, OK, and thanks for the correction.

But I have two autumn ones (older) and a winter one (new, not lightweight) right in front of me right this minute and the differences in construction, weight even sizing (all Large) are obvious. The winter is a closer fit.

Klenchblaise's point is right, though, being closer cut it does make it easier to wear

The Autumn, winter, summer and spring fabrics used in our Guide and Forester shirts are all exactly the same weight/thickness wool. The names are just a reflection of the colour schemes. Unless you have one of our shirts specifically sold as lightweight, these were made from a batch of lighter cloth.

Roger
Bison Bushcraft

Last edited:

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Over the years of producing these shirts we have had four different people making them for us (all here in the UK). We now make them in house here in Sussex and have done for the last 2 1/2 years.
It is possible you have shirts from different makers and they will vary if made by different people. Plus if one is a forester, even though the same size, they tend to hang differently and look more tailored.
My point was that the wool they are made from is exactly the same weight, just dyed different colours before weaving. It has always been made on the same loom.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE