bishbash havin' a splash! New Apache![picheavy]

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hey all,
This a blatant copy of my post over on SOTP, so if you've read it there sorry..

During the early hours of this morning Stu of Apache Canoes was making his was up to Loch Eck with a brand spanking new Apache for me. We met up at around 8, and quickly had the canoe waiting by the waters edge. A wee chat and a cuppa later it was time for a quick splash.

The canoe I've been using until now was a friends. His has a large flat bottomed base, and is very different to the Apaches handling. The Apache felt a lot more 'tippy' on first getting in, but this didn't bother me as Stu had already told me what to expect as I got in and how it should feel after a while, and of course he wasn't wrong. The initial wobble is just that, a little bit of wibbly wobblyness that vanishes as you paddle off. Now it has to be mentioned that I am not expert, for from it. I was playing and getting a feel for the way the boat handles, heeling over and whatnot. While I'll say I have a lot of playing to do, I felt very secure in the Apache, even in the minor winds and small waves that popped up later on in the morning.

Needless to say I had a lot of fun out on the water today, and I don't want to bore you all silly by telling you all how to suck eggs. They say a picture tells the story of a 1000 words or something like that.. so this must mean 24K story? :D

Me just into the boat, playing with the tippyness. Love the mist rising from the water
m3.jpg

me1.jpg

me2.jpg

me4.jpg

me5.jpg

water1.jpg

Stu showing me what it can do.
stu.jpg

stu2.jpg

Some pics from out on the water.
uglymug.jpg

water2.jpg

water3.jpg

water4.jpg

water5.jpg

water6.jpg

water7.jpg

water8.jpg

Some of a nice beach, sometimes camp.
campboat.jpg

campboat2.jpg

camp1.jpg

camp2.jpg

campview2.jpg

campview1.jpg

campview3.jpg

bathome.jpg

Thanks for looking...

So whos coming out for a paddle sometime.. ? :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very nice Nag, lovely colour mate

What length did you go for ?

I should be back out playing in November if you fancy doing something one weekend

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Cheers Shewie - aye the colour is nice innit? Even nice than the colour palette suggested. It's "Bushcraft Green" and don't le anyone tell you different :D Went for a 16 footer, so that I can do some tandem paddling. Anytime at all, just give me a shout. :) Just need to sort out roof rack doodaas now. Which isn't as clear cut as you may think.. lol Inflatables may be the way forward there. :lmao:

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
What kind of car do you have? Try getting some pipe insulation Snap it over the gunnells and tie the canoe upside down to the roof of the car. Presto instant roof rack. Used that for years. Just make sure to check the tie downs after the first few miles and then every hundred miles or so.

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
What kind of car do you have? Try getting some pipe insulation Snap it over the gunnells and tie the canoe upside down to the roof of the car. Presto instant roof rack. Used that for years. Just make sure to check the tie downs after the first few miles and then every hundred miles or so.

Don't know about over there, but here you can buy foam blocks specially made to snap onto the gunwales

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE