BISCUIT BILLY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi there, just a wee bit info if anybodies intrested. I,ve been looking for billy cans but put off by the price, so i made a small one from a empty soup tin but it,s a bit on small side,so i then got a catering size but the down side was that they had no lids. Anyway today i saw and purchased a good alternative from Poundstretcher,it,s a biscuit tin! it ,s stainless steel and holds 5 pints comfrortably and the bonus is that it has a nice tight fitting lid all for the price of £4. i just need to drill a couple of small holes in the sides to fit a metal coat hanger handle. the steel is nice and thick also,so it won,t buckle to easy unlike the tins. CHEERS STUART F.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If thats the one I've seen localy the lid is flat..... drill a hole in the center and attach a knob or a handle (you can get stainless ones from B&Q or Focus).. a great improvment...

:)
Ed

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
stuart f said:
Hi there, just a wee bit info if anybodies intrested. I,ve been looking for billy cans but put off by the price, so i made a small one from a empty soup tin but it,s a bit on small side,so i then got a catering size but the down side was that they had no lids. Anyway today i saw and purchased a good alternative from Poundstretcher,it,s a biscuit tin! it ,s stainless steel and holds 5 pints comfrortably and the bonus is that it has a nice tight fitting lid all for the price of £4. i just need to drill a couple of small holes in the sides to fit a metal coat hanger handle. the steel is nice and thick also,so it won,t buckle to easy unlike the tins. CHEERS STUART F.

Bought one the other week..... Cracking bit of gear !!

Here's a pic of it next to a 58 pattern waterbottle for scale (you can also see the lid and it's handle)

images.php

T

Tumper

I purchased a set of 3 nesting s/steel tins from poundstretcher. The largestholds approx 3 pints. I punched holes in the 2 largest, and fitted them with wire handles made from coat hanger wire (the smaller handle detaches, and slips between the sides when nestled) They dont have knobs on the lids, so I might fit one to the largest.

Cost: £4 and an hours work.

I wish I had seen your type in there, Stuart I could have saved myself some work!

(if somebody can tell me how to post pics, I'll try and put a couple up)

T

Tumper

images.php

Not a very good pic, I'll try again tommorow. You cn just see the detachable handle for the second can.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
:shock:

Think you could crop the picture down a bit when you try again? I does kind of choke people with slow connections :roll: :-D

Cheers

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE