Birds & Bones

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Sun has been shining the past two days so finally managed tae venture out for some short wanders, and they certainly werent uneventful :)

Yesterday whilst heading back tae my house blundering along i spotted a bird of prey on the ground a few metres away. crept up and snapped a few shots just as it noticed me and took off. was amazing getting so close without realising until the last second

you can see the bird at the bottom of the screen. was using my phone so terrible pictures. im nae sure which bird it is as im useless with anything that flies
imag0783b.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-03-18
imag0784y.jpg

imag0785i.jpg

And today whilst out on a jaunt i found a full skeleton of a young roe deer. so iv pinched the skull and some bones for future projects :D
imag0793h.jpg

imag0795a.jpg

imag0796w.jpg

only took a couple of photos of some gnarly trees but this tree was a real find, looks like its split and the fibers are still hanging on in there!
imag0797t.jpg

and testing out my new boots in some flowing water. got a few drips in but feet were dry within a minute. gave them an extra coating of nikwax should be fine now.
imag0801.jpg

Not much bushcraft related, but at the moment its nae small task tae bend for doing anything so blundering around is all i have for now :)

Hamish

P

Passer

I'd go with Buzzard to.
Some great pics there....particularly like the tree, looks like it could be a new split.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
awesome pics and a nice jolly....:)

thats a buzzard for sure, i have 1 that uses the field by our road to hunt nearly every day, beautiful animals...

is that tree dead??? could be water logged if it is, we just had a load of Poplar removed at work because they had drowned, i didnt even think that could happen to trees...anyway if it is dead be a bit careful around it as it could drop any time...

regards.

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE