Birch bark pots i made....

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Heres a few of the pots i made from birch bark. I've made about ten so far, practice makes perfect!

birch%20box%20collection.jpg

birch%20box%20sewing%20detailzzz.jpg

BB001%20-%20Birch%20box%202.jpg

They are by no means perfected yet, its fun making them though. Local birch, pine pitch resin and nettle string. Used a needle made from hawthorn to do the sewing.

Im hoping to do a tutorial if anyones interested?

Andy >>>>>-------------------------------------------<>

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Folks,

Love the containers, a tutorial would be nice....

If you do, can you include the way to get the bark from the wood efficently, and how to make it workable ?

Have read somethings about this, but haven't been able to get a workable piece of birchbark yet....

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Ok, i'll see what i can do. I know someone else on here is planning a tutorial as well, so i dont want to steal anyones fire ;) I have no problem sharing about how to gather birch bark though. To be honest, the first several tries i had over the years failed. Im lucky that where i live has lots of forest and woods, so theres plenty of fallen birch, so i got lots of practice. I'll get my missus to take loads of pics the next time we go out and i'll put the results on here. Im by no means an expert, so expect rough and ready :)

Andy >>>>>----------------------------<>

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ace! :D

I wouldn't worry about stealing anyone's fire - there are plenty of ways to skin a cat (and sew it back together again) so the more the merry I say! ;)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Andy,

If it is my tutorial you are refering to then certainly don't worry about that. As Graham says many a way to skin a cat etc. :D

Look forward to seeing/reading it.

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
I think they're great too.Looks like the requests for a tutorial have reached a critical mass, so good luck with it! Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers John

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
I've got to give you credit for those!.. Very nice work from this angle. Would love to see a tutorial on how you do those... got a grove of aspens waiting for the winter harvest!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE