Bimble in Mortimer's Forest

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I got fed up and bored with staring at the computer screen this morning, and so I took a break, one of the perks of being self employed ;)

I went up to the local tree pen, Mortimer's Forest.

Its a mix of broad leaf, pines, and ancient mixed. Lovely.
I left home while the sun was shining, it's only a fifteen minute drive from home and so I took my wax jacket, good job too, it started to p**s down as soon as I pulled up!

It was a great walk, the rain drove the tourists and dog walkers back to their cars so I had the forest all to myself. I love the place!

I had a great time and I heartily recommend, just getting out to somewhere green when you are feeling stressed and worn out.

A few Pics:
(disclaimer, they're crap because the camera I was using is the one on the camcorder which in itself is awful anyway lol)

PICT0002-2.jpg

Local Clay

PICT0004-2.jpg

Spruce

PICT0005-2.jpg

Yew

PICT0011-2.jpg

Woodland Sorrel (oxalis)

PICT0012-2.jpg

Sunbathing greenbottles

PICT0013-2.jpg

Artsy Fartsy

PICT0014-2.jpg

Roots

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely pics Michelle, even though the quality isn't quite there, you still capture the colours and shapes well. Looks like a lovely place to chill out for a while.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice pics Michelle, thanks for sharing....:)

Like shewie I like the roots one. Am I the only one to see the earth creature that was watching Michelle as she took that pic or can others see it as well?

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Lol, it was a bit weird there, the forestry commission usually tidies up fallen trees and the like but not in that part of the forest for some reason, it was nice to see it natural like.

I was going to take my d50 but didn't at the last minute, it's not water proof and far too big for a pocket, I'll have to get a little point and shoot I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE