BG Bushcraft knife blank, leather & leather making kit: DIY bushcraft knife & sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dufus

May 18, 2016
Sussex
Bought in May this year with the intention of making my own knife and sheath but it's all sat in the cupboard and I can't see me ever getting round to it with so much else going on......

Bernie Garland Bushcraft knife blank, complete with solid brass tubing as well as two brass loveless bolts and tubing.

2 pairs of book matched handle scales; Curly birch and beautifully figured birds eye maple which I bought from the states - will become stunning and functional handle (just like on the original Ray Mears knife)

Leather sheath supplies all from Le Prevo:

Approx 14.3 ft2 of 3.2-3.6mm veg tanned shoulder
Dyes - tan and medium brown
Carnauba Creme
Edge Kote
Sewing Awl handle
2 x 1 3/4" awl blades
Stitch groover, adjustable
Edge beveller
Wooden edge slicker
10 x wool daubers
Drill bits (for installing the loveless bolts): 4.1mm HSS and a step drill bit (to countersink the bolts neatly)

More pics available on request.

This cost in total around £220.....(the leather alone was £75 and the knife blank was £55)

Yours for only £110 + shipping. Please pm if interested. Thanks

Knife kit.jpg

handle.jpg

dyes.jpg

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Someone's getting a bargain here. Bernie garlands blanks are generally very good steel with a good HT. Everything you need if you want to have a crack at knife making. Shame it isn't split I'm always in the market for scales ;)

Anyone wanting to know tech on the blanks garland generally uses 4mm O1 tool in 58/59 HRC Ime.

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Fecksticks... missed another bargain. :(

Let me know if the sold isn't a sold... I'm being an opportunist, but more than happy to splash the cash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE