Best way to clean a blade ?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
There will be others ways but all probably with the same effect. Thats the same as I use or may be WD40, any oil. Think I have seen products on Heinnie Haynes website but wire wool will do the job.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I've used WD40 and fine wire wool and they work great.

I got a knife bubber thingy from Heinnie Haynes a couple of years ago, usefull tool. It cleans up my opinel no.8 after months of none use and still with whatever I was cutting on it.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
How neglected and how old? If it's properly rusty, you can use a solution of citric acid (available from Wilkos) in water, leave it soaking overnight and give it a good scrub with a scotchbrite pad the following morning.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
If its not too rusty, vinegar, white or dark for getting rid of the rust and leaving you a nice dark patina on the blade, mustard, balsamic vinegar for a more intense look, potatoes, garlic,WD40, petrol, all the nasty chemicals out there, and least not last don't forget to give it a good all wipe on your rectum for a good clean. I find the best, LOL.
Cheers the interceptor boy.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
If its not too rusty, vinegar, white or dark for getting rid of the rust and leaving you a nice dark patina on the blade, mustard, balsamic vinegar for a more intense look, potatoes, garlic,WD40, petrol, all the nasty chemicals out there, and least not last don't forget to give it a good all wipe on your rectum for a good clean. I find the best, LOL.
Cheers the interceptor boy.

what ! ! ! !

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
No offense to anyone, I mean just give it a wipe on your bottom, very sorry a bit drunk last night when I was writing things down, won't do it again. Sorry. Cheers the interceptor boy.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
No offense to anyone, I mean just give it a wipe on your bottom, very sorry a bit drunk last night when I was writing things down, won't do it again. Sorry. Cheers the interceptor boy.
It's a medical term - I was no more offended than if you'd said epiglottis, scapula, cranium or bicep. However, I think you probably meant gluteus maximus, rectum is somewhat more internal than I suspect you imagine it to be. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE