Best budget binoculars?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
It might be you mean the diopter.

https://www.birdwatching.com/optics/diopter_set.html

Though from what you say, possibly not. When you open them up for use, you have to set each eyepiece the right distance apart for your face, so that each eyepiece lines up correctly with your pupil. Try looking deliberately through one and then bringing the second one into line. Also, the eyepieces have to be the right distance from your eyes. Try holding the binoculars in one hand with the other wrapped over that and put the fleshy part of your thumb and index finger right up against your face ... it allows for stability as well as being able to hold them the right distance from your eyes ... trial and error to get it right. :)

https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/ct/binoculars-adjustment.htm

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Sadly Samon, double images are usually a symptom of lens misplacement/misalingment and it is likely to cost you more to get them sorted than you paid for them.

Dioptre adjustment only compensates for differences between your eyes in the same way as prescription glasses are different between left and right eyes; it's not likely to be the cause of 'double images' but just shows as not being in focus. However, try that first just in case. Focus the binos with your left eye, then look through the right lens and adjust the dioptre, usually by rotating the right eye piece, until the right lens is in focus. Now use both eyes and you should have a clear image. As long as no one else uses your binos you shouldn't need to do that very often.

However, if, as I suspect, you still have a double image you should send them back.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
The good thing about good glasses is, yes, you can see clearly at a distance ... but also, sitting, you can see super clearly a subject that might be just ten feet from you ... rodents, small birds, bugs, that would dash off if they saw you closer or lumbering toward them.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Samon: I believe that is the case. The two optical paths do not aim at the same point of view.
Also, I don't believe there's a cheap fix.
Same as a badly built double barrel shotgun. It happens. I had a cross-eyed Arietta, no less.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Not exactly budget but excellent for the money, better than some of the top names, Vanguard Endeavour ED you can pick a pair of 10x42 for around £150 at the mo.
I have a pair of 8x32 ed ii’s I bought to take to Kenya last year everyone was amazed by them for the price, have a look at the reviews

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Waste of time me contributing to this thread as there needs to be 0 after £48 to suggest anything meaningful and even then you would need to be looking for a "previously owned" model.

Sorry I can't help!

K

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Waste of time me contributing to this thread as there needs to be 0 after £48 to suggest anything meaningful and even then you would need to be looking for a "previously owned" model.

Sorry I can't help!

K

I see.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire

Sorry I can't help!

K
Have a look at Allbinos rankings you will be suprised by the Vanguard Endeavor ED ii

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE