berghaus yeti gaiters opinions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
My current gaiters have got ripped this weekend so its time to replce them.
Ive seen the berghaus yeti and yeti attack gaiters on the internet and at my favourite surplus store.

Are they any good? Can anyone reccomend either type of yeti over the other?
I know the attack has the bottom section made out of cordura and the other yeti version is all goretex; which is best?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Yeti's are good news if you're spending a lot of time in wet boggy environments. Such as Dartmoor, North York Moors etc... Or Snow, If you're spending time in rocky areas then they wear quickly both on the rand and also the fabric.

I've had them on and off for ages. Both the full GTX and the 1/2 + 1/2 version around now. Berghaus of course used to distribute Scarpa boots with the 'ATTAK' sole unit that fitted Yetis perfectly alas no longer.

They do fit other boots but if the boots are less than 100% stiff ( such as a ski or plastic mountaineering boot) then they can slip off. The way to overcome this is to glue the gaiter rand to the boot with an adhesive of some sort.

I have a pair of Yeti Attacks fitted to my Lowa Mtn boots like this at the moment and they are stuck on there for good.

This combo is very good in wet cool environments in hot weather it's a sweaty foot nightmare. If you're fitting Yeti's you might need to carve the boot sole a bit. Also the fore foot strap on the Yeti needs removing.

I'd say don't plan on buying them and be thinking you'll take them on and off etc..

HTH

John

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I've got some permanently fitted to my Scarpa boots. Totally waterproof - i have paddled through small streams & stayed dry :)

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I have both version, the red one for snowy condition and the green (Attack) for for muggy ground in Spring and Autumn. I find them really nice to use once you got them on. I have tried other brands like Mountain Equipments, none as dry as Yeti.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Which would you guys say is the best all rounder the all goretex one or the attack version.
They will be earn with a pair of meindl army mountain boots.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Which would you guys say is the best all rounder the all goretex one or the attack version.
They will be warn with a pair of meindl army mountain boots.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
They will be warn with a pair of meindl army mountain boots.

Six and half a dozen i'd think.

My yetis were permanently attached to a non goretex scarpa nubuck boot and both dried easily.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I've got a pair of Yeti Attacks in medium size which fit a UK 8/9 boot. They've seen a bit of use but if they are any good to you to try then I would sell them for £15 inc postage. Don't be tempted if they are the wrong size as the fit is important. Send me a message if you are interested but I will be away from the 'puter for a day or so. Glyn.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Saw a guy wearing them at the weekend. He had the toe bit lifted off the boot. Perhaps not glued down to the boot which I heard is a necessary thing to do to prevent toe lift.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE