Bergans Lavvo - Discontinued?

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Hi All,

There seems to have been a lot of love for the Bergans Lavvo as sold by Woodlore on Tube and various forums but they seem to have disappeared from both the Woodlore shop (although they seem to be still selling off accessories) and the Bergans website.

I got an email response from Woodlore simply saying that they are no longer stocking them and heard nothing at all from Bergans themselves.

Does anyone know know anything more about this and if/when they will be made again?

A shame because I had just come to the conclusion that what my already extensive collection of tents was missing was a large lavvo/tipi for winter camping with a stove. I'm quite happy to hang from a tree or snuggle up in a bivi bag under a tarp but for some reason Mrs Nomad would prefer to be in a warm tent and as her cooking is (much) better than mine it would be nice for her to come camping with me sometimes and none of my other tents lend themselves to use with a stove.

Any info would be welcomed.

Best wishes,

Jerry

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked up the 10-12 man on Sportpursuit a couple of months ago for stupid money, less than half what I paid for my 4-6 man from Tamarack. If they've appeared on SP then there's a good chance they're now discontinued

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
I picked up the 10-12 man on Sportpursuit a couple of months ago for stupid money, less than half what I paid for my 4-6 man from Tamarack. If they've appeared on SP then there's a good chance they're now discontinued

Sounds like a great result - just looked at the SP website and there are none left.

Have a look at the Helsport veranger in my opinion its a better tent

I'll take a look, TBH I hadn't realised that there was a large lavvo/tipi shaped hole in my life until very recently and I will do a bit more research before taking the plunge - ideally I will find a decent SH one but no hurry.

Thanks both. :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I had a Helsport veranger a while back... very good tent. Far more money than the Bergans one though.

I'm over tipi style tents though... they're fun but the lack of internal volume is annoying to me. I can see why they're loved by so many - just not for me anymore.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
It's a shame that they have discontinued the Bergans lavvu as I love mine,and I would like to buy another if mine was to get damaged.Just spent a great couple of days in mine with the frontier stove going,was toasty and warm even tho temps got down to minis -4/5.
281717d2c4a101b35e20e24ffa2b08d0.jpg
b5bcd6bf1fde1eb31966176ac0a22f6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
I'm over tipi style tents though... they're fun but the lack of internal volume is annoying to me. I can see why they're loved by so many - just not for me anymore.

I was interested in one of the larger ones (the idea of 10-12 people sleeping in one would be pretty grim) which I reckon would be plenty of room for me and Mrs Nomad plus a stove for cold weather camping.

Thanks to all for suggestions and recommendations. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE