Bergan and yoke questions

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi all, thanks for reading.

I’ve just acquired a bergan and yoke system from andywinkk (Nice guy – thank you), as a present, but I’m thinking I might keep it, as my nephew he informed me last night he’s just bought his own!

I have a few questions if anyone out there knows these inside out...

1 I’m surprised how short they are; presumable the intention is to hang something off the bottom (or is it to deal with wearing a belt with pouches? Not too up on army kit, but it does make the waist strap very high – which is not a problem as it won’t accommodate my lardy proportions). If it is to hang something off the bottom, is there a specific pouch designed for this? OR have I just got one with a short back length, unsuitable for my 6’4”? Do they come in different sizes and how do I tell what I’ve got?

2 There seem to be a load of straps that I don’t understand and seem unnecessary – is there a manual for the sack or instructions online?

3 How does the waist strap work on the yoke? There seems to be two straps one with the male end of a standard clip buckle (what’s the proper name for these?), but the other strap just loops back on itself.

Thanks for looking

Andy

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Half of the clip that is on the yoke waste belt. The male half is there but the female half which should be on the adjustable loop of webbing has gone.

And yes the the sidelock (quick release) one!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
No! It seems to be unique, but although the male part is shorter, it fits into the female side of the clip on the main lid!

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'm surprised it's a different size/shape - I don't have the 'proper' yoke, but have a yoke off something else that has the clips in the right places.
Has the belt clip been replaced on yours perhaps? - should be easy enough to get a matching pair of clips from somewhere - they don't have to match the other clips, just each other.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE