Bennachie

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi there.

You know this, I have never thought about camping near there. A work colleague and friend lives very near the hill- I will ask her as she does a lot of walking /cycling around the area.

I am hoping to get some bivi-ing done next weekend up at the Linn of Dee. You'd be more than welcome to join me- I might be heading up there with a couple of mates, but most likely on my own. The offer is open anyways, and indeed, is open to all.

Will get back to you about Bennachie.

ATB

KP

Thanks KP. i wont be able to accept the offer, got things planned but thanks :).

One other thing that is worrying me about this place is where to park. I know there is the main visitors centre and the car park on the North side however will they be ok with us leaving the car there overnight?

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Linn of Dee has varying qualities for tarping! some areas are very sparse for trees, while others are excellent.

If you do a search for Cairngorms on the forums, look for one entitled 'First night in my new hammock" (Bottom of first page I think) and there are some pictures- although they are large files so be warned.

My first night bivi-ing I used my walking poles and loads of paracord and had one of the best nights kip ever outdoors- no trees needed!

If I go at the weekend, will post pics on my return!

Also, will ask Liz about the wee Ben when I go back to work on Monday- feel free to remind me if I forget to reply about it:D

KP

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I Know this area very well. In fact I am responsible for the Bennachie Centre. Best palce is to have a look at the Back O' Bennachie car park area. There are toilets there, open during the season, and a few good streams about. Be discrete about where you camp and you shouldn't have a problem. Forestry Commission (Scotland) aren't over keen but remember the RESPONSIBLE element of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and you should be OK. If you want to check with FC(S) then phone 01466 794161 :) PM me if you want more info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE